Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 12:31 AM

41 posts, read 133,158 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about getting a pedicure. Can anybody answer the following questions:

1. Explain to me what I should expect?

2. How much I am looking at spending?

3. Is it like the barbershop where I tip at the end?

4. Can anybody recommend a Salon or someplace in the Louisville area where I can get one done.

5. Anything else I need to know or suggestions.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 07:14 AM

145 posts, read 265,072 times
Yes!

American Nails Salon & Spa

I wish more men got pedicures! I go here often to get my nails done, and always see at least one man getting a pedi! It's around 25 bucks, I always tip 5 at the end. The massage chairs are really nice there. They also massage your legs and feet. You can opt for a parrafin wax dip, which is really awesome.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:45 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2099 View Post
I am thinking about getting a pedicure. Can anybody answer the following questions:

1. Explain to me what I should expect?filing and trimming nails, soaking feet, cream massage, remove callouses

2. How much I am looking at spending? I live on LI and where I go it's about 18 bucks

3. Is it like the barbershop where I tip at the end? yes tipping is good

4. Can anybody recommend a Salon or someplace in the Louisville area where I can get one done. can't help there sorry

5. Anything else I need to know or suggestions. It's very relaxing.

Thanks
I go to a place in LI NY and the average cost ranges from $13.00-40.00 depending on the type of pedicure you desire. I got the callous remover pedicure for $19.00 plus a $4.00 tip. It's worth it to me because they take their time, massage your legs and feet for about 5 minutes each. You sit in a spa chair that massages your back while your feet soak in a whirlpool bath.while your nails dry they massage your neck back and arms for 5 minutes. I went today and 2 men were getting pedicures. I rarely see that. I wish my husband would come with me but he does not think it's manly meanwhile when he goes to the barber he gets a hot towel shave and haircut. I don't see a big difference. He has dry feet and a callous on one heel so I give him a pedicure at home. The only thing I don't agree with is men who get clear nail polish on their nails, other than that I think it's a good grooming practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area