U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 3,202 times

Advertisements

A realtor just told me that BARDSTOWN RD located in zip code 40218 is a good area. He referred to it as Area 7. He also mentioned that the Norther and Eastern part of Louisville are very good area to reside. Can anyone confirm this information? I'm currently residing in another state, but I hope to find a reasonably priced condo.
[CENTER]

[/CENTER]
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 09:22 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,542,941 times
The Bardstown Road area is nice - a little older, more eclectic and commercial. The northern and eastern area of Jefferson County is considered more upscale.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:28 PM

7,021 posts, read 15,207,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Coad View Post
A realtor just told me that BARDSTOWN RD located in zip code 40218 is a good area. He referred to it as Area 7. He also mentioned that the Norther and Eastern part of Louisville are very good area to reside. Can anyone confirm this information? I'm currently residing in another state, but I hope to find a reasonably priced condo.
[CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Are you aware that this realtor is steering you to new suburban areas? Is that what you want? Both areas are nice, like Off Topic said. The former area is cheaper and NE county is more expensive, with a closer proximity of major malls and shopping.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:00 AM

9 posts, read 23,477 times
Bardstown road has some very nice condos. Also, they're building quite a few new condos downtown as well. You may want to check that out. If you need any help feel free to email me alyssonriffe@gmail.com

Old 09-11-2007, 01:02 PM

4,824 posts, read 13,550,072 times
It is important that the term "good area" can mean so many different things. What is a good area to you, may not be even a minimal area to another person, while the exact opposite could be true for someone else. I find the most egregious mistake Realtors make is failure to ask and understand people and what they consider "good". Without a true understanding, when specifically pointing one area to a buyer, the Realtor could not only be breaking Fair Housing law, but worse, in my opinion, they aren't really serving the buyer's needs.

When looking at a new neighborhood to live in, a buyer needs to make a list of criteria they wish for, and a similar list they don't want.

Simply saying that 40218 or 40025 is a good area leaves too many open spaces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: