U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 07:24 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,543,276 times

Advertisements

Some good news and bad news:

Nearly half of schools in Jefferson fall short
Nearly half of schools in Jefferson fall short

I'm looking for an actual list of individual schools.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 07:29 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,543,276 times
Here we go!

Database: Kentucky No Child Left Behind Results

Old 09-13-2007, 08:21 AM

6,749 posts, read 20,933,893 times
Thank you Off topic! The schools mine are in are doing fine. They went to Carter and Shaffner who met 100% and my girls are going to Johnson who met all but two.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:06 PM

7 posts, read 29,216 times
OMG, I may sue this schoolsystem. I moved here from a small town, and live in St Matthews, a demographically GOOD neighborhood. The people at admin in JC schools said my kid goes to Waggener.

OMG, why did they do this to my baby??? He was terrorized at this school, and now REFUSES to leave our home, out of FEAR.

Why sue? Well, the idiots at the main office FAILED to disclose such safety issues to me, nor did they tell me half the students are bussed in from surrounding BAD neighborhoods. What is the point of shelling out for a damn good address when the neighborhood school cannot even provide textbooks to all kids. And worse of all, my formerly vibrant fun loving son has been changed fundamentally. Both of us need counseling, and I am mad as hell the school morons failed to tell me I HAD A CHOICE where my son could go!!!

Please, someone help us, and tell us where my son can be schooled (I cannot afford private school, UNFORTUNATELY) SAFELY in the city. Does a high school exist that there needs not be a neighborhood POLICEMAN patrolling the halls???

WHY DO Louisville parents accept this?? I am heartbroken, and am finding myself hating this town, after only 2 weeks.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:13 PM

4,824 posts, read 13,551,104 times
I am so sorry. Both my wife and my daughter are Waggener grads.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I am so sorry. Both my wife and my daughter are Waggener grads.
Did they have trouble too?

Old 09-16-2007, 07:28 PM

My wife graduated in 1970, after Waggener had suffered the highest number of Vietnam casualties from any one high school in the US, but at that time, it was a county school and considered a very good school (but at that time Atherton was considered the best in the state). My daughter was in the AP program in the mid-90's and she told me of incidents, but never acknowledged fear.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:58 AM

8 posts, read 32,515 times
It's sad to say but was true about Waggener H.S. Waggener was known in the neighborhood as needing a major overhaul to put it kindly. Few students in the neighborhood actually went to their district high school. All of the parents I knew put their kids name in the lottery or did hardship transfers to better schools - Male, Manual, Eastern, Ballard, etc. I'm sure there are successful students graduating from Waggener, however, the majority seems to be "Left Behind".

Old 09-17-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twmurph View Post
It's sad to say but was true about Waggener H.S. Waggener was known in the neighborhood as needing a major overhaul to put it kindly. Few students in the neighborhood actually went to their district high school. All of the parents I knew put their kids name in the lottery or did hardship transfers to better schools - Male, Manual, Eastern, Ballard, etc. I'm sure there are successful students graduating from Waggener, however, the majority seems to be "Left Behind".
That is sad and true in so many schools!

Old 09-17-2007, 01:32 PM

Ok, so what's the problem? Why have JCPS schools seemed to have fallen apart?
How do we discuss the issues of race, cultures, and other obvious matters without the Race-Card being called?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area