Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 AM

47 posts, read 69,648 times

Advertisements

I just got off the phone with the Police in the City of Jeffersonville asking them if tents or canopies were permitted. She let me know that all structures are to be taken down. I know Louisville doesn't allow structures.

I asked her how do we view the show on the lawn without being rained on. I was told "I guess hold a trash bag over your head"....

Is anyone planning on sitting in the rain and holding an umbrella or trash bag the whole time? This seems counter productive to Thunder's interests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 10:42 AM

242 posts, read 402,556 times
Ponchos work wonders and you don't have to hold anything! Structures like you discussed are completely unfair to anyone but the users because it blocks the view of so many!

Old 04-18-2012, 11:56 AM

47 posts, read 69,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Ponchos work wonders and you don't have to hold anything! Structures like you discussed are completely unfair to anyone but the users because it blocks the view of so many!
I guess I just disagree. I've been going to Thunder for many years without ever bringing a structure and have never had a problem with viewing. Everything is in the sky so it's not a problem.

This is one of the first years I am considering going when is forecast to rain due to the fact the temperatures don't seem to be that bad. Normally it's 40 degrees and raining which I definitely won't go. I don't want to sit out on a wet tarp, in a wet lawn chair wearing a poncho and not be able to wrap in a warm blanket if needed.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:28 PM

503 posts, read 799,472 times
When does the event start?

Old 04-18-2012, 04:35 PM

242 posts, read 402,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfitz1010 View Post
When does the event start?
The air show starts at 2:30 PM, the fireworks at 9:30 PM.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,721 times
are there other places close by, like mall parking lots or school parking lots, where you can view the fireworks without having to go down to the riverfront?

Old 03-10-2014, 01:06 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbambach View Post
are there other places close by, like mall parking lots or school parking lots, where you can view the fireworks without having to go down to the riverfront?
The fireworks can be seen from the top of dog Hill in Cherokee Park. Another viewing spot is near Skyline Drive in Floyds Knobs, IN.

I am sure there are other less well traveled areas in the Indiana suburbs where they can be seen. Maybe others can chime in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area