U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:16 AM

6,749 posts, read 20,938,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Your fingers must be hurting with all that typing.
It's a little something I like to call "copy and paste" LOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 03:47 PM

7,021 posts, read 15,216,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
yes, I see that she did in the second post. I responded prior to that post. My patience or lack thereof occasionally sticks my foot into my mouth... After I get it out, I'll eat some crow... btw... am I the only person who has accepted this incorrect information as fact just because its been repeated so often?
I agree Tom, I am not convinced of the accuracy of this. Also, if you know ANYTHING about Catholic dioceses, you know some of them are geographically the size of the state of Rhode Island while others are literally WHOLE STATES. Obviously the bigger the geopraphic area, the more the people. Louisville's diocese includes bible belt couties around Bowling Green. Furthermore, the Louisville diocese does not include heavily Catholic southern Indiana (which is included in the Indianapolis diocese), which is certainly part of the Louisville experience. The Catholic/German/Irish influence pervades Louisville unlike any other southern city outside New Orleans. Fish frys, summer picnics, and church functions are a memory for every person who lives in the area. It seems almost every resident has been to the St Joseph's picnic at the least. Louisville is a unique city for having a near equal prescence of baptists and catholics.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:52 PM

Is there somewhere else (aside from wikipedia) that carries those stats?

Old 09-17-2007, 04:02 PM

this may help a bit:

TIME: America By The Numbers - Denomination Nation

Old 09-17-2007, 07:21 PM

4,824 posts, read 13,554,243 times
Default Hey, wait, the topic here was to help...

We blew it, I am sorry for my part, but the people moving from Florida needed to know about Louisville. I attempted to giver them a very honest, very accurate, but impossibly complete synopsis of Louisville, and we run off into a dead end canyon debating statistics.

The big picture is this, yes Louisville is a wonderful place to live, just don't plan on sending your child to JCPS. Oldham County, although a superior public system isn't the only great system in the Louisville area.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:20 AM

Quote:
We blew it, I am sorry for my part, but the people moving from Florida needed to know about Louisville. I attempted to giver them a very honest, very accurate, but impossibly complete synopsis of Louisville, and we run off into a dead end canyon debating statistics.

The big picture is this, yes Louisville is a wonderful place to live, just don't plan on sending your child to JCPS. Oldham County, although a superior public system isn't the only great system in the Louisville area.
Slow down there partner not all JCPS is the same. If you must put them in, sign up for the traditional program. They have higher standards than the run of the mill programs but it is a lottery, it may take some time to get in.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:35 PM

4,824 posts, read 13,554,243 times
So, why are not all schools in JCPS operated to the same standards as the traditional program? You are right, there are 90,000 plus children in Jefferson County. 90,000 children are not getting a bad education, but do you want to be a new arrival gambling on where your child will land? Lottery by itself is a gamble.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
So, why are not all schools in JCPS operated to the same standards as the traditional program? You are right, there are 90,000 plus children in Jefferson County. 90,000 children are not getting a bad education, but do you want to be a new arrival gambling on where your child will land? Lottery by itself is a gamble.
That is true.... all kids should have the same opportunity. All three of mine are already in the traditional program and not even all traditional schools are of the same caliber. Ya know, it's truly sad we are even HAVING this converastion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area