U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 04:37 PM

7,021 posts, read 15,209,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagal123 View Post
Thanks for all of the information. The lots seem really small in Norton Commons. I would like at least a half acre. I have a large family and 2 dogs. I would feel like we were too close and noisy for the neighbors. Would you happen to know of any other neighborhoods in Oldham County that might interest us. Thanks!
Norton Commons is built very dense like the city...that is the idea. Tomocox is our Oldham expert. I have no specific recs other than telling you that you virtually cannot go wrong there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 06:32 PM

4,824 posts, read 13,551,104 times
Default We are getting too close...

Florida Gal, moving is a terribly stressful event no matter how many times one moves in their life. I sense in your writings the concerns you have. Fortunately, you have had the foresight to start getting a "feel" for the areas which might suit your needs. I am honored to serve you; however, now, I recommend that you sorta back off on the specific subdivisions of consideration.

Here is my recommendation assuming that you don't have to make an immediate decision. Take the information that you have received and slowly "walk back over" all the places. STX is likely right in his opinion that you won't like the size of Woodford County; however, you must decide things now that time will require. For example, lets assume only for the sake of this illustration that Woodford County while too small, still offers you a perfect score card for all the other criteria. What you must now do is to value that size vs perfection matter. In other words, now you must handicap your game and add "weighted values" to the criteria. What perfect attribute will you give up to have another perfect attribute.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:19 AM

6,749 posts, read 20,933,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Right now, due to the upheaval in the Jefferson County school system, there is no one who can honestly advise you of the best place to live. This summer's supreme court decision will cause big changes in the JCPS student assignment program.

That being said, I would say find a way to get into Eastern, Manual, or Ballard for public schools. Arguably, the best high school is Male Traditional, but it is a lottery school and hard for new residents to get in.

There are other good programs in Jefferson County, but the schools named above are the only ones that have a consistantly good reputation in all they do.
You are absolutely right. Traditional schools are very hard to get into unless you get in them during elementary school but it is worth getting into the lottery to try though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area