Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:27 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,660,115 times

Advertisements

Is your Insight connection slower over the past few days? Mine is waaay slower and when you call about it they try to upsell to faster speed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 07:45 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Is your Insight connection slower over the past few days? Mine is waaay slower and when you call about it they try to upsell to faster speed.
It might be due to the change of companies that they are going thru. Did you loose service this week for no reason~? I did and numerous of people did. I had no idea why. Does anyone know~?

Old 10-27-2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
It might be due to the change of companies that they are going thru. Did you loose service this week for no reason~? I did and numerous of people did. I had no idea why. Does anyone know~?
We did, twice. Now that its back, it's as slow as dial-up. I have a service claim in with them, but they have not responded yet. Im just skeptical because the first time we called they tried hardsell to upgrade to more expensive speeds.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:04 PM

27 posts, read 46,017 times
I haven't had any problems, knock on wood. I am so tired of them trying to upsell me on the higher speed. Last spring they had to send a service tech out to replace our router. He tested the speed and showed me that it's already at almost their highest speed, so I knew not to pay for the 'upgrade'.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
We did, twice. Now that its back, it's as slow as dial-up. I have a service claim in with them, but they have not responded yet. Im just skeptical because the first time we called they tried hardsell to upgrade to more expensive speeds.

....and they are always trying to sell me a phone services every dang time I call~!

Old 10-28-2012, 05:33 PM

51 posts, read 73,609 times
Yes their internet is so slow and I got the 20mg, it really makes me angery. At times I dont even want to use my computer.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:11 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
I have the 20 mg, and it seems really fast. I haven't had trouble recently, but did a few weeks ago, but they fixed in on their end in a few hours when I called. (I am living in the Lexington area)
It is way expensive though, I pay over $ 70 a month for it.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:35 PM

17 posts, read 31,850 times
my connection is always being lost and reconnecting. NEVER had this problem before Time Warner took over.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie227 View Post
my connection is always being lost and reconnecting. NEVER had this problem before Time Warner took over.
This is a TimeWarner business now ??!?!

I was unaware of this. We didnt even have WiFi or cable TV til my mother-in-law
came and needed HSN and QVC. When we called to cancel it, they offered us a
low price to at least keep the TV and Wifi. I will call one more time, and if it doesnt
speed up, Ill drop it again. I can literally count to 7 before a page loads.
Like the old days of Win 3.1 and 28.8 modems

Old 11-01-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie227 View Post
If you have a router, it could do that too.

Quote:
This is a TimeWarner business now ??!?!

I was unaware of this. We didnt even have WiFi or cable TV til my mother-in-law
came and needed HSN and QVC. When we called to cancel it, they offered us a
low price to at least keep the TV and Wifi. I will call one more time, and if it doesnt
speed up, Ill drop it again. I can literally count to 7 before a page loads.
Like the old days of Win 3.1 and 28.8 modems
That is why we probably had the recent outage, because of Time Warner~!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area