U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-11-2013, 07:01 PM
 
2,391 posts, read 4,718,241 times
Reputation: 924

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
No, I love dogs, it's the owners I have issues with
I am a dog owner and I DO PICK UP after my dog. Some people don't like my neighbor whose country and use not to doing it on their farm. His wife gets on him about it too, or has in the past. She is city.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2013, 03:52 AM
 
Location: Prospect, KY
5,284 posts, read 19,405,343 times
Reputation: 6649
We walked the beige last week....lots of areas where dog poop had been mostly cleaned up but not completely. They had a golf cart with a 2 man clean up crew.....people walked around the dog messes....I have owned dogs...they love to be walked in natural settings with grass and trees....they like to sniff and pee and poop and have room to explore....the bridge is not a natural fit for a dog and dogs are creating a mess there. A little dog walking with it's owner in front of us got stepped on by a child....the dog yelped and limped afterward.....it was too crowded. Dogs, kids, bikes, golf cart, strollers, wheelchairs.....just too crowded. If I owned a dog I would avoid taking it on the bridge....there are so many other better places to walk your dog.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2013, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Prospect, KY
5,284 posts, read 19,405,343 times
Reputation: 6649
So sorry for my typos - my kindle changes words on me at the drop of a hat which sometimes results in sentences that make no sense.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2013, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Louisville KY
4,726 posts, read 5,136,445 times
Reputation: 4132
I went last saturday. It was interesting. It was the only place in the city I got a tail wind and could make very little use of it. It was just something new to do- walk almost to Indiana. Louisville is always trying to get people to go to public attractions, damn if it's finished or not.

"Hello, this is your mayor, I just want all my puppets *cough* err ahem louisvillians to check out the nee pedistrian bridge! It's almost done and open to the public! So go see what its like to almost go to Indiana, see the derrilict houses and dirt road under the bridge. Bring your kids, ride your bikes. Please clean up after your dogs so no one slips and tries to sue the city. Hey we'll just toll it for the settlements, no worries! Check out the bridge, iys family fun and exercise! Stop by Texas Road House on your way out."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 05:24 AM
 
Location: Prospect, KY
5,284 posts, read 19,405,343 times
Reputation: 6649
Actually Spring Street has some good shopping, a wonderful, a really fab historic candy store with terrific tours and ongoing candy making - the store has been featured on Food Network and many magazines/newspapers (Schimpff's Confectionery in Jeffersonville, Indiana) and a few decent eating places and consignment stores....also around the corner from the candy store is my very favorite antique store Sugar Maple's...the concerts on the river during the summer are often fun and entertaining. On Spring street in December and early January there is an outdoor ice skating ring that is really cute and very popular.

There are some shabby homes but there are some good things about Jeffersonville if you take the time to look.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
 
7,040 posts, read 15,725,075 times
Reputation: 3512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Actually Spring Street has some good shopping, a wonderful, a really fab historic candy store with terrific tours and ongoing candy making - the store has been featured on Food Network and many magazines/newspapers (Schimpff's Confectionery in Jeffersonville, Indiana) and a few decent eating places and consignment stores....also around the corner from the candy store is my very favorite antique store Sugar Maple's...the concerts on the river during the summer are often fun and entertaining. On Spring street in December and early January there is an outdoor ice skating ring that is really cute and very popular.

There are some shabby homes but there are some good things about Jeffersonville if you take the time to look.
Indeed. Same with New Albany. And I was REALLY impressed how both towns have cleaned up in just the last 2 years.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Prospect, KY
5,284 posts, read 19,405,343 times
Reputation: 6649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Indeed. Same with New Albany. And I was REALLY impressed how both towns have cleaned up in just the last 2 years.
Yes - I agree....we have lived in KY for almost 5 years now and things have changed for the better in both towns....I do think that some enterprising peeps will open some new coffee shops and restaurants to accommodate the visitors that are going to be biking/walking over the pedestrian bridge to Indiana. Some good breakfast spots would be nice.

I'm not quite understanding why Indiana is taking so long to finish their ramp to the bridge. We drive by there every week - sometimes more and there is not a lot going on at the site. A few construction types milling around but no one working on the ramp....it has looked the same for months now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 07:41 PM
 
3,463 posts, read 5,316,642 times
Reputation: 7197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I'm not quite understanding why Indiana is taking so long to finish their ramp to the bridge. We drive by there every week - sometimes more and there is not a lot going on at the site. A few construction types milling around but no one working on the ramp....it has looked the same for months now.
Must be union

tee hee -- sorry, couldnt resist
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Anchorage, KY
242 posts, read 376,109 times
Reputation: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Must be union

tee hee -- sorry, couldnt resist
+1
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 08:56 PM
 
7,040 posts, read 15,725,075 times
Reputation: 3512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Yes - I agree....we have lived in KY for almost 5 years now and things have changed for the better in both towns....I do think that some enterprising peeps will open some new coffee shops and restaurants to accommodate the visitors that are going to be biking/walking over the pedestrian bridge to Indiana. Some good breakfast spots would be nice.

I'm not quite understanding why Indiana is taking so long to finish their ramp to the bridge. We drive by there every week - sometimes more and there is not a lot going on at the site. A few construction types milling around but no one working on the ramp....it has looked the same for months now.
cattknap...I am not picking on you, because most Louisvillians do not know....but there are tons of shops in downtown jeff and NA:

Jeffersonville, Indiana Shops & Services Business Directory

Is a partial list. The same goes for New Albany, which actually has a lot more going on, especially as far as high end and "Highlands" like restaurants.

But in downtown Jeff, you can walk from a great coffee shop, pick up groceries, smoke a cigar in a lounge, and paint a picture under an artist's tutelage while drinking wine...all while walking a few blocks! In some ways, downtown Jeff, sadly, is more functional than downtown Louisville having several amenities all in a few blocks! It is not an urban paradise, but it has enough going on.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top