Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:30 AM

3 posts, read 8,279 times

Advertisements

is also? I work in home healthcare and used to be a waitress and bank teller. He is a welder and Hazard Materials "guy" ..whatever that is. Anyway we are looking to move soon and we are considering there. Any viewpoints on Kentucky or advice would help. Thanks a bunch!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 04:51 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,808,422 times
Wouldn't it be better to post this in the Kentucky section?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:04 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Interracial couple interested in leaving the south and we are wondering how life is in Louisville and how the job market

And.....you're asking this in the NC section because??????

UHHHHHHHHHH, I understand they have horse racing.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:25 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Wouldn't it be better to post this in the Kentucky section?
That's what the "report" icon (the red triangle in the upper right) is for! It doesn't have to be just for "offensive" posts. Mods will decide whether your suggestion of new forum is proper, and make the move.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:10 PM

101 posts, read 195,337 times
Ok, I'll give you my opinion since I just moved here 3 weeks ago. Lousiville and Elizabethtown are growing growing growing. I believe the unemployment rate here is lower than many other places in the country. I bet the area will continue to grow because of the growth of Ft Knox and the 4000+ jobs they are filling for the HRC. Since moving here from TN, I see construction, building going on all over. Houses are plentiful (right now-- if you are buying... but difficult to find a rent house) and fairly priced, I see jobs posted many places. I see quite a difference from Tennessee where the economic crisis has hit hard...its almost as if this place has been immune to it. Besides that, its beautiful here, the people are friendly, I have seen many interracial people (I have 3 kids that are mixed) and there's lots to do not only in the immediate vicinity but within 1 to 2 hours drive also. And from the sheer amount of banks I see in E-Town alone.... I'd say there was money here. If you like the city, Louisville is great... and if you like a small town family oriented feel but close to lots of shopping then Elizabethtown/Radcliff area is for you. Keep in mind, this is all from a 3 week perspective-- I'm sure there are many others who can give a deeper insight. But, my family and I love it here!

Old 08-29-2010, 11:26 PM

44 posts, read 160,638 times
I've lived in the Louisville area my entire life, and I can honestly say I can't think of a better place to live! For a small city, Louisville is pretty progressive, and the job and housing market has held much more steady than most of the country. There are several new medical facilities opening up in this area. You may want to search for Norton Healthcare, Baptist East, and Jewish Healthcare when searching for employment.

I work in real estate, so I can tell you first hand that now is a great time to buy! It's a buyer's market, and there is a good amount of inventory right now, so there are a lot of houses to chose from. The last poster was right about the growth that is occuring in this area. I only see good things to come for the Louisville area!

Last edited by Queen Louis; 08-29-2010 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: fixing typo

Old 09-01-2010, 06:53 PM

3 posts, read 8,279 times
?????
Sorry..I copied and pasted to fast. We are interested in two places obviously. ???
Anyway, thanks everyone for your responses. They helped alot, but we are going to visit before we move just to be safe.
Lots of Luv

Old 09-04-2010, 01:10 PM

65 posts, read 123,570 times
Isn't Kentucky still the south? lol

Old 09-04-2010, 07:29 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
You must be kidding, my asian wife and I went into a McDonalds in London Ky and you would have thought we just arrived from the moon. Dead silence and staring at us. I'll leave Kentucky to the ***necks

Old 09-05-2010, 02:46 PM

44 posts, read 160,638 times
Where is London, KY? I think that it is fair to say that in this whole region of the country, small towns (rural areas) are not going to be nearly as progressive in their thinking as larger cities (urban areas). That's what I love about Louisville. Still has a small city feel, but has an accepting attitude toward all different types of people.

It's sad that people can take one isolated experience and let it color their opinions of a whole city/state/region of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area