U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2007, 09:50 PM

12 posts, read 42,617 times

Advertisements

Hi! Let me start off saying I have little knowledge of Louisville. I hear it is getting pretty popular though! I am 29 and live with my boyfriend. We have been thinking about moving but not really sure where we want to go! (we are also looking at Dayton, Cincy, and Columbus) Right now we live outside of Cincinnati in the burbs. It's chain heaven! Everything and everyone is the same. We are looking for a community with nice older homes, mature trees, with a relaxed atmosphere, lots of locally owned shopping and dinning. I would love to be able to walk (safely) to the local bar or coffee shop to hang out. Are there areas of town that would match what we are looking for? We don't have kids so good schools aren't a priority but would be nice. If anyone has any ideas for me I would love to hear them!

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 06:39 AM

6,749 posts, read 21,045,311 times
You sound like a Highlands girl to me. That area has plenty of what you are looking for.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:17 PM

7,021 posts, read 15,381,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeesKnees View Post
Hi! Let me start off saying I have little knowledge of Louisville. I hear it is getting pretty popular though! I am 29 and live with my boyfriend. We have been thinking about moving but not really sure where we want to go! (we are also looking at Dayton, Cincy, and Columbus) Right now we live outside of Cincinnati in the burbs. It's chain heaven! Everything and everyone is the same. We are looking for a community with nice older homes, mature trees, with a relaxed atmosphere, lots of locally owned shopping and dinning. I would love to be able to walk (safely) to the local bar or coffee shop to hang out. Are there areas of town that would match what we are looking for? We don't have kids so good schools aren't a priority but would be nice. If anyone has any ideas for me I would love to hear them!

Thanks!
Yes...Highlands, Clifton, or Crescent Hill. PM me for details. Walkable, historic, upscale, eclectic, and unique shopping and alternative to upscale dining.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
Yes...Highlands, Clifton, or Crescent Hill. PM me for details. Walkable, historic, upscale, eclectic, and unique shopping and alternative to upscale dining.
WHAT ARE THE RENTAL PRICES AROUND THE HIGHLANDS LIKE??

Old 11-21-2007, 06:58 AM

6,749 posts, read 21,045,311 times
gypsy it varies but prolly in the 650-750 range I would guess

Old 11-21-2007, 01:48 PM

7,021 posts, read 15,381,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYPSYLADY View Post
WHAT ARE THE RENTAL PRICES AROUND THE HIGHLANDS LIKE??
That is sort of a vague question....how many bedrooms? how updated? how many amenities? it can run from 500 to more than 1200 for luxury apartments. For example, a very nicely renovated 4 bedroom is 1350 on craigslist:

Perfect for Couple/Family-Heart of the Highlands (broken link)

In general, if you want an apartment with any amount of new appliances or updates in general in th Highlands, expect to pay 650 for a one bedroom, 750-800 for a two bedroom and more than 1000 for 3-4 bedrooms.

Anything offered at less than 575 probably has some serious drawbacks like a 1960s era kitchen and not the freshest paint job or carpet. Seriously, just keep searching craigslist and then mapquest the address. Generally, the areas around Cherokee Park are the nicest and priciest. My favorites are the highrises on Willow Avenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: