U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,616 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, my family is planning to relocate to Kentucky around February or March. My husband and I have been trying to find a place in Kentucky with affordable housing and good employment opprotunites. Great education is a must! I would like to find a little town next to a bigger town. I was raised in the country and would like that for my children. I am use to driving 30-40 mins to work and shopping. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 03:11 PM

6,060 posts, read 5,518,228 times
Oldham county has excellent schools. And Louisville is in driving distance for work.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:31 PM

7,021 posts, read 15,369,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Oldham county has excellent schools. And Louisville is in driving distance for work.
ditto. Oldham County is where brandi needs to be. Crestwood would be great.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,003 times
My husband and I moved here earlier this year. We LOVE it! We have no young kids, but anywhere seems to be great. Our neighborhood is full of children and coming from a rural town it's a great sound (especially since our grandchildren live so far away). Crestwood is very affordable and the great thing is everything is soooo close! I've heard great things about Oldham County schools.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:47 PM

3 posts, read 4,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothim View Post
Why oh why would you move there?
I see a theme here, @nothim. You've posted four statements that make no sense other than to troll people who have chosen to live here. Seek help for whatever issues you have. The rest of us love it here.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:19 AM

52 posts, read 220,852 times
We are moving to Bardstown in about 1 or 2 months & it looks like a Great little town about14,000 seems to have lots of perks not too far from Louisville or Elizabethtown(now this is a great town also!!!) & 4 lane highways any way you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2013, 08:57 AM

9,530 posts, read 15,175,278 times
Check out western Kentucky. Cadiz City of Cadiz : Welcome to Cadiz, Kentucky! is a good town with a great school system. As far as a bigger town close by, Hopkinsville Welcome to City of Hopkinsville, Kentucky is 18 miles away. That's where the "weekend shoppers" go for groceries, go out to eat, etc. Cadiz has restaurants and groceries, but like just about anywhere, when people want to go out to eat, they like to leave town. Plenty of houses out in the county. The same with Murray Welcome to City of Hopkinsville, Kentucky Murray, Kentucky - MyMurray.com and Mayfield (where I live) Home and Benton City of Benton. For Benton, Mayfield and Murray, Paducah, Ky. is the big town to go to. Good school systems and Murray has an outstanding university www.murraystate.edu

Old 12-07-2013, 02:26 PM

7,021 posts, read 15,369,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolywig View Post
We are moving to Bardstown in about 1 or 2 months & it looks like a Great little town about14,000 seems to have lots of perks not too far from Louisville or Elizabethtown(now this is a great town also!!!) & 4 lane highways any way you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats, it is a very quaint family friendly area. Louisville is very close when you get the itch for the bigger city arts, sports, dining, and entertainment.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:33 AM

145 posts, read 245,249 times
Oldham county is NOT affordable. Bardstown might suit you!

Old 12-21-2013, 06:36 PM

4,825 posts, read 13,622,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi527 View Post
Oldham county is NOT affordable. Bardstown might suit you!
Why do you say Oldham County is not affordable? I help people buy and sell real estate all over the Louisville area and I just wonder if you have a personal history in Oldham County, or do you have some history that caused you to post such a direct statement?

For the record, I do live in western Oldham County, but could care less where a person buys or sells or rents in the area. For example, people with children need to live in Oldham County, but people with special employment reasons may need to live in Hardin County or maybe in Southern Indiana.

When a person is deciding where to live, they must consider the cost of their commute (private schools could even be less than a 45-60 minute daily drive.

Lots of variables come into play when deciding where to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area