Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2007, 10:01 AM

18 posts, read 88,921 times

Advertisements

Well, it looks like the move to the Highlands is almost official, and now that I am getting back to the old Bluegrass, I was wondering if any residents around this area would know of any open gyms for basketball, or possibly even some rec leagues?

After leaving Kentucky over 5 years ago to move to Chicago, I have found that it is very difficult to locate any place that has a gym open for adults that just want to play pick-up games. Obviously, it was a bit easier doing this in Kentucky and it would be great to get back into something that I used to really enjoy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Eric
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 03:18 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeric View Post
Well, it looks like the move to the Highlands is almost official, and now that I am getting back to the old Bluegrass, I was wondering if any residents around this area would know of any open gyms for basketball, or possibly even some rec leagues?

After leaving Kentucky over 5 years ago to move to Chicago, I have found that it is very difficult to locate any place that has a gym open for adults that just want to play pick-up games. Obviously, it was a bit easier doing this in Kentucky and it would be great to get back into something that I used to really enjoy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Oh, lots of places. Many of the catholic schools have open gyms. I know St Agnes has a good league, and I think I would contact them first since you are in the Highlands. They can lead you to other leagues. I would check there first, and also Douglass Community Center in the Highlands, and people at these places can guide you to other options. As you know, Louisville is basketball crazy so there are always good games to be had. In the summer, there are always great pick up games in the parks, especially Seneca Park by the running track, where there are courts.

In the suburbs, one of the new mega gyms that opened is Hoops. They have all kinds of crap out there from kids to adults I think:

HOOPS - Where The Game Is - Louisville KY

Downtown, I always found good games at the YMCA. If you are young enough to pass for a student, contact a student who may look like you and borrow their ID to run games with UL football players and others at the Student Activities Center on UofL's campus.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:49 PM

18 posts, read 88,921 times
Well, 32 years old, out of shape and a beard might not allow me admittance in another "student gym", but thanks so much for the information...AGAIN!

We are definitely hooking up when we get down there and I will pick you first for my 3 on 3 team!

Thanks again!!

Eric

Old 02-07-2009, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 20,070 times
Default Basketball Leauges For Teens

Ok so I am a teen and looking for a place to play some pick up games to improve my skills with people like me. I want to play basketball good enough so I can make this traveling team. Any suggestions or tips on workouts or places to play would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,
Patrick 502

Old 10-06-2009, 05:00 PM

16 posts, read 60,913 times
Default Louisville Basketball Leagues

Hi some of the best ball I recently played was at St. Joseph Louisville Hoopfest. I heard they are also starting a recreational basketball league in January 2010. I like Seneca Park but it can get somewhat trashy up there- too much arguing, not enough ball. We had a great time in the Louisville Hoopfest Tournament in September. Dont have to worry about arging trash talk, refs IQ of the game and calls are on point. I was surprised they were giving away so much money to the winners of their Leagues and tournaments- no other league does this. By far atmosphere was top notch. The best and Cheapest League in town so far I've played in. Louisville Basketball Leagues « #1 LOUISVILLE BASKETBALL LEAGUE & Tournament - Louisville Adult basketball leagues / Youth Basketball Leagues

*Louisville Hoopfest- atmosphere/ music good, cash prizes make it fun. ~ 300/team
louisvillehoopfest.com
*Mid America- like a lot out of most leagues around town. ~325-350/team
midamericasportscenter.com
*Hoops- refs make games un-enjoyable due to bad calls. ~ 400-500+/ team
wherethegameis.com
*Basketball Academy- ok gym just a far drive from where most people live-farther out then the above 2. better refs. still quite expensive. ~400/team
basketballacademy.org

Old 10-28-2009, 09:24 AM

3 posts, read 21,939 times
Ive got a basketball league for you. Its a brand new up and coming rec league with about 10 teams. Its located in the highview area and if you want some competitive basketball this is for you. Its called the VICTORY BASKETBALL LEAGUE. victorybasketballleague.org

Old 10-29-2009, 05:55 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridge41 View Post
Ive got a basketball league for you. Its a brand new up and coming rec league with about 10 teams. Its located in the highview area and if you want some competitive basketball this is for you. Its called the VICTORY BASKETBALL LEAGUE. victorybasketballleague.org
Link doesn't work.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:35 PM

5 posts, read 27,324 times
It's .com not .org

Old 10-18-2010, 07:32 AM

16 posts, read 60,913 times
what about any youth basketball leagues around town? i have a 9 year old looking....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area