Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,102 times

Advertisements

Hi I currently live I Houston Texas which is a nice place but we have so much growth and I want to find a home and literally cannot find one due to competition. And I am a realtor. THere is just thst much competition. But also my grandchildren recently moved to Wisconsin which is just too cold. I don't mind the cold as much as the snow though. Some snow is fine but not constant. I am looking for a home not more than75000 open to area no kids at home but also work as a paralegal do convenient to downtown. Any advice would my be greatly appreciated. Thanks Patti
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 04:26 PM

21 posts, read 28,324 times
First you don't want to move to Wisconsin if you don't like snow. I live in Manitoba, Canada and drive to Louisville twice a year. They get the same snow in WI we do and it's terrible. I'm moving back to Louisville in a year because of it.

I own a house in Louisville in the Cloverleaf subdivision and it's a great neighborhood. Any place in Louisville you can get to in 20 minutes so travel shouldn't be a concern. My house is way over your budget but I see some smaller homes that might be bank owned are $80K or under. Search 40216 to find them. Do you plan on being a Realtor in Kentucky too? I'm military now both I plan on being a real estate agent when I move back.
Depending where your grandkids are in WI its only 7-8 hours from Louisville but driving in the winter can be stressful even with winter tires with studs.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:54 AM

31 posts, read 56,905 times
I am living in wisconsin, thinking of relocating to Louisville. If you don't like the cold and snow stay away from wisconsin. The winters are brutal. My sister moved to Houston 8 years ago and when she comes back for Christmas she is miserable. If you are used to warm climates, it will be a shock to the system.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:10 AM

830 posts, read 1,666,503 times
Your 75,000 budget will take you further in New Albany, IMO. You can take either I-64 or I-65 into downtown Louisville. My husband drives downtown for work every day, usually takes 15-20 min. barring any accidents.

This area is a much better place than Wisconsin for those of us who despise snow. That is one reason I moved from my home near the Wisconsin-Illinois border. The last two winters I lived there (2007 and 2008) were really bad with snow and I thought "I'm done with this!" Trucks are out plowing and salting 24 hrs. and still don't get everything... And the slush that sprays up from the drivers in front of you... Well I don't have to explain/complain any further. The problem with Louisville is ICE, but we don't have it every day and most winters aren't as bad as our last winter. When we have snow usually it melts later the same day.

On your drives north you will notice a contrast in snow coverage and temperature. It's not a bad drive through Indiana (just really flat). Getting past Chicago can be brutal with construction, weather and crowds. Try to avoid evening rush hour. I-65 in Northwest Indiana can turn into a huge ice slick during winter storms; last winter the governor closed the interstate in that region for a couple days or so.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:50 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,312,676 times
I am a REALTOR on both sides of the Ohio. I could care less which side of the river you live, but one aspect of moving might be reciprocal licensure, if you want to stay in the business.

PLA: Applying by Reciprocity Indiana doesn't reciprocate. http://krec.ky.gov/licensingdepartme...pe%20table.pdf Kentucky does recognize.

If I can be of any service to you, PM me. I am a managing broker in IN and a Principal in KY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: