Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 12:07 PM

83 posts, read 142,391 times

Advertisements

I'm planning on buying a house sometime in the next year. I've lived in Louisville for several years and have always rented in the East End. I've been doing some research on various neighborhoods, but wanted to get some opinions from those who have purchased/lived in these particular areas.

A little about what I'm looking for:
- A single-family house (NOT a condo/townhouse/patio home)
- Newer construction (less than 20 years old)
- School district is unimportant right now, as I have no children and don't plan to in the next five years

The neighborhoods/sub-divisions I'm looking at are:
- Polo Fields (40245)
- Willow Creek (40241)
- Worthington Hills (40245)
- Coldstream (40245)
- Middletown/Eastwood (east of the Gene Synder)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 06:38 AM

687 posts, read 1,945,220 times
Lake Forest.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:44 PM

9 posts, read 10,066 times
what price range?

Old 05-22-2015, 10:57 AM

242 posts, read 402,800 times
All of the subdivisions you mentioned were huge, is that actually something you are looking for? There are many smaller subdivisions that are just as nice or nicer and don't have the huge homeowners associations that monitor every move you make. Unless you are looking for a subdivision with community wide facilities such as a clubhouse or swimming pool you should really consider looking at some of the smaller subdivisions in the area.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:13 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,744,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
All of the subdivisions you mentioned were huge, is that actually something you are looking for? There are many smaller subdivisions that are just as nice or nicer and don't have the huge homeowners associations that monitor every move you make. Unless you are looking for a subdivision with community wide facilities such as a clubhouse or swimming pool you should really consider looking at some of the smaller subdivisions in the area.
Great post I agree. The OP needs a good realtor. Pm me for referral

Old 05-26-2015, 09:25 PM

83 posts, read 142,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldavi2 View Post
what price range?
Up to $175,000, though of course I'd like to get something in the $150 range.

Having community amenities (i.e. golf course, etc.) isn't super important to me and I could do without. I'm mostly interested in an area that I will be able to re-sell in about five years and move up in home - basically, I'm not looking for my "forever home." It's been difficult to find something in this price range that has what I'm looking for (3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, and an attached/enclosed garage) that isn't super old or run down.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:51 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,744,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springisnew13 View Post
Up to $175,000, though of course I'd like to get something in the $150 range.

Having community amenities (i.e. golf course, etc.) isn't super important to me and I could do without. I'm mostly interested in an area that I will be able to re-sell in about five years and move up in home - basically, I'm not looking for my "forever home." It's been difficult to find something in this price range that has what I'm looking for (3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, and an attached/enclosed garage) that isn't super old or run down.
You are looking suppppppper far out, away from the city. Why so far? Also, 175 won't buy much in the areas you are looking.

At that price point for a new home, you are relegated to the Highview/Fern Creek/Okolona area. There are a few newer homes in Jeffersontown for that price too. The further north and east you go, 175k will only get you a very small 2 bedroom that is not updated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area