Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 11:23 AM

5 posts, read 10,747 times

Advertisements

Hello again,

Thanks to all who helped us find the highlands, we bought in Belknap (40205) and are looking forward to settling in at the end of the month. Next on the list of things to do is to figure out schools for the kids, ages 2 and 6.

I am learning the JCPS process, and will complete the application soon for my son, entering first grade. We are in Cluster 13, so I will choose Bloom or St. Matthews as our first choice, and plan to apply to some combination of Brown, Brandeis, Audubon, and Greathouse Shryock. Any insights on these JCPS schools or others I should consider?

We are applying for public schools late in the year, and after kindergarten, so we also prepared to send him to private school. I've been interested in the model school at Sacred Heart because of the IB curriculum and the arts focus, but it seems a bit far away. Are theor other private schools with progressive curriculums? I know many schools are Christian or Catholic but welcome others; we are not religious, are there schools where the kids or family might feel odd or left out?

Lastly, what daycares or preschools (for age 2) in the highlands are highly regarded?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Trysh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 09:21 PM

7,069 posts, read 16,690,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryshi View Post
Hello again,

Thanks to all who helped us find the highlands, we bought in Belknap (40205) and are looking forward to settling in at the end of the month. Next on the list of things to do is to figure out schools for the kids, ages 2 and 6.

I am learning the JCPS process, and will complete the application soon for my son, entering first grade. We are in Cluster 13, so I will choose Bloom or St. Matthews as our first choice, and plan to apply to some combination of Brown, Brandeis, Audubon, and Greathouse Shryock. Any insights on these JCPS schools or others I should consider?

We are applying for public schools late in the year, and after kindergarten, so we also prepared to send him to private school. I've been interested in the model school at Sacred Heart because of the IB curriculum and the arts focus, but it seems a bit far away. Are theor other private schools with progressive curriculums? I know many schools are Christian or Catholic but welcome others; we are not religious, are there schools where the kids or family might feel odd or left out?

Lastly, what daycares or preschools (for age 2) in the highlands are highly regarded?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Trysh
Sacred Heart Model school is less than 15 mins away from you. The closest great schools to you are St. Agnes, St Raphael, the Highlands Latin School, Collegiate, St Francis of Assisi, St James, de paul School (special needs) and probably a few others. All those are private schools within 5 minutes of your location in Belknap! If you are willing to drive 15 mins, there is probably another 10-15 schools to look at. If you want to drive 30 mins, you can look at any private school in the metro area. I would guess there is around 50-60 private elementary schools in metro Louisville.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:47 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,645,405 times
I cant help with the school stuff, but you are just 2 blocks over from me. If you need any info or help, please PM!
Welcome to the neighborhood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area