Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 08:35 AM

80 posts, read 326,714 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a decent, yet inexpensive, hotel to stay at for a week or so while checking out the area. We just need a clean place in a safe area that would be convenient to Oldham County, where we would like to relocate. Your help is very much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 10:26 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
In Oldham County exit 22 on I-71 (the LaGrange exit) there is a Days Inn and Holiday Inn. There are also lots of motels along I-265 (Gene Snyder Freeway) on the NE part (adjacent to Oldham) of Louisville that are too numerous to name. This is a very safe and suburban area, with lots of restaurants.

If you need a list of activities to do on your stay, just ask here!

Old 01-26-2008, 10:58 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,749,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy View Post
Can anyone recommend a decent, yet inexpensive, hotel to stay at for a week or so while checking out the area. We just need a clean place in a safe area that would be convenient to Oldham County, where we would like to relocate. Your help is very much appreciated!
I would recommend the Hampton Inn Louisville NE, located at Westport Road and I-265.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:45 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
If you are interested what the roads in NE Louisville look like, I have a video of some of them, including I-71.

YouTube - Louisville Highway Tour: Hurstbourne Parkway

Old 01-26-2008, 07:35 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,315,331 times
The Holiday Inn, Ashbury, Comfort, etc at exit 22 are all fine. You will like the convenience of being on I-71, etc. There are good breakfast from in-hotel to Waffle House, McDonalds, Burger King, Dairy Queen, & Cracker Barrell. In addition you will be close to downtown LaGrange which is lovely early in the morning while things are sorta quiet.

If I can help you with any points of interest, please feel free to ask.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:56 PM

Thanks for the helpful replies!

Old 01-27-2008, 03:58 PM

666 posts, read 2,538,193 times
I would also suggest the Hampton Inn off of the Westport Exit. It doesnt have an indoor pool though, only outdoor, and i think it may be a little too cold for that...

Old 01-27-2008, 04:27 PM

Location: Apex, North Carolina [Shepherds Vineyard Subdivision]
269 posts, read 1,156,741 times
Talking Oldham County

Hampton Inn's Rock! Best beds to sleep in on the planet! Comfort Inn's come in 2nd place. Near Crestwood lots of reasonable choices, and there nice and central to the area and highway accessible. Were going out for a easter week research/vacation [3rd trip] and are staying in a Comfort Inn due to the indoor pool for the kids. Also throwing in a B & B Farm stay down by Lexington for two days too to break it up and keep it interesting for the kids. As always looking forward to the trip, first time for the kids. Hoping they like it as much as we do. Let me know if a outsider looking in can be of any help to you. Have done a lot of research specifically on Oldham County and over to Fayette County. Oldham has won for us. Tomocox and STX on this site are the encyclopedia's for you if you need it. Very helpful to all. Good luck. Hope to see you over there someday!

Old 01-27-2008, 06:05 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,315,331 times
Thanks, K Dunn. I try hard to be acurate and on top of things. For example, today, I was in the Best Western at LaGrange. They quoted me a $ 240 per week rate. They do a lot of short to mid-length stays for people who are building new homes, between houses, etc.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:26 AM

Thanks everyone! K. Dunn, I'd love to hear your description of Oldham County. I understand the schools are good, and that is important to me too. What else did you like about it? Are there walkable areas, libraries, parks? Any information would be very much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area