Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2015, 04:59 PM

7 posts, read 18,117 times

Advertisements

I've recently found a perfect little house in the Iroqouis area that is unfortunately about about 300 feet from the school (not directly adjacent but the next street over). I want to make an offer on the home but am concerned that the noise from the school will just be too aggravating. Does anyone live in this area and can you describe what your experience with noise has been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 01:08 AM

7,064 posts, read 16,643,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateidealist View Post
I've recently found a perfect little house in the Iroqouis area that is unfortunately about about 300 feet from the school (not directly adjacent but the next street over). I want to make an offer on the home but am concerned that the noise from the school will just be too aggravating. Does anyone live in this area and can you describe what your experience with noise has been?
The area is nice, and very cheap homes for what you get. Go for it!

Old 12-31-2015, 06:16 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,304,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateidealist View Post
The Iroquois area is hit and miss as far as nice parts, safety, etc... But where DeSales is, it's actually pretty nice and literally across the street from the Park basically. Iroquois park has a lot of neat events throughout the year. As far as noise, I can't say it's bad or good, but school is only certain times of the day and if you work day shift, you won't even be home! The only thing I would consider being a noise issue would be sporting events (football,soccer, etc...).

Overall, I'd say go for it. Nice area, and as the other poster said, the homes are pretty cheap for what you're able to get

Old 12-31-2015, 09:01 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,346,473 times
Desales is a private Catholic school I'd think noise and vandalism wouldn't be huge problems. That is a nice neighborhood close to not so nice neighborhoods. North of the park is pretty rough, to the east is so so. Where is your job?

Old 01-03-2016, 11:25 PM

86 posts, read 125,455 times
I don't live specifically in that neighborhood but I do live a little over a mile away and drive down that road more often than not. It's a pretty neat area, but as others said, this area of town is extremely hit or miss. That little area right there is good as far as I know, but there are both good and bad areas within walking distance. Living roughly a mile south, I've never had any issues, safety concerns, etc. As for noise, as already stated above, sporting events would be your only problem in my opinion, but I wouldn't consider that a deal breaker unless you like complete peace and quiet. Maybe just cruise around the area if you aren't familiar and get a feel for it. I would definitely say the general vibe you get in the area should play a bigger role.

Being close to the park is a huge pro. There's always neat stuff going on there. This end of town is cheaper and has a lot less traffic/madness than the east end.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostellic View Post
I don't live specifically in that neighborhood but I do live a little over a mile away and drive down that road more often than not. It's a pretty neat area, but as others said, this area of town is extremely hit or miss. That little area right there is good as far as I know, but there are both good and bad areas within walking distance. Living roughly a mile south, I've never had any issues, safety concerns, etc. As for noise, as already stated above, sporting events would be your only problem in my opinion, but I wouldn't consider that a deal breaker unless you like complete peace and quiet. Maybe just cruise around the area if you aren't familiar and get a feel for it. I would definitely say the general vibe you get in the area should play a bigger role.

Being close to the park is a huge pro. There's always neat stuff going on there. This end of town is cheaper and has a lot less traffic/madness than the east end.
Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular Louisville |

That pumpkin show has been a huge boon to the area. It sounds dumb, but draws thousands and is a neat fall event. Very pretty.

That area is known as Beechmont. It has tons of great ethnic eats from cuban, african, and bosnian, to the city's best vietnamese. Beechmont is very underrated. There is even a Sunergo's coffee shop in Beechmont, which is arguable the best coffee in the city.

Old 01-04-2016, 12:05 AM

86 posts, read 125,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular Louisville |

That pumpkin show has been a huge boon to the area. It sounds dumb, but draws thousands and is a neat fall event. Very pretty.

That area is known as Beechmont. It has tons of great ethnic eats from cuban, african, and bosnian, to the city's best vietnamese. Beechmont is very underrated. There is even a Sunergo's coffee shop in Beechmont, which is arguable the best coffee in the city.
Agreed. The pumpkin show was a huge hit this year. I work with a lot of folks from the East End who made the trip out there to check it out.

Sunergos is a hidden gem. I believe there's one on Preston St. as well, yeah?

Old 01-04-2016, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostellic View Post
Agreed. The pumpkin show was a huge hit this year. I work with a lot of folks from the East End who made the trip out there to check it out.

Sunergos is a hidden gem. I believe there's one on Preston St. as well, yeah?
There are several. It started on south preston in Germantown. There is one in the CBD on 5th st. I think maybe one other too

Old 02-28-2016, 08:35 PM

7 posts, read 18,117 times
Thanks for all the input y'all. I decided to pass on this house because of concerns about the size and the fact that DeSales is about to undergo a $6 Million stadium construction project.

But I really appreciate the feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area