Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 02:54 PM

387 posts, read 490,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Until the state government gives Louisville more autonomy, we'll be stuck behind a lot of other cities. The state government likes to do basically everything opposite of what Louisville wants lol
Yep and the state government could screw Louisville over now that you mentioned it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Until the state government gives Louisville more autonomy, we'll be stuck behind a lot of other cities. The state government likes to do basically everything opposite of what Louisville wants lol
I just so happen to compare Louisville's government to the U.K. government. If any of you folks are familiar with Brexit, which had the U.K. withdraw from the European Union, I suspect I'd see something similar in the future like Louexit, where Louisville would secede from Kentucky. Will as you know there is no City of Louisville anymore. It has been dissolved because of the merger. But you still have the City of Shively, City of St. Matthews, and so on. Now let's look at the UK. As you know there is actually no English government, and there hasn't been one since 1707. Now there is a Scottish, Welsh, and Northern Irish government, albeit they are devolved governments and the U.K. government indirectly governs the three nations. Now as for England, it is directly governed by the U.K. government. So Louisville would be analogous to England, since the old city of Louisville is now directly governed by a county government known as Louisville Metro, but all the other cities like Shively, St. Matthews and so on are indirectly governed by Metro. And I would say that Shively, St. Matthews, and so is analogous to Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. But with that being Louisville Metro dictates over places like Shively and St. Matthews and that's what I consider unfair government.

Well as you know Scotland is unhappy because of Brexit, and the Scottish government has been gunning for a second referendum for independence, but the U.K. government is too snotty to give it to them. Thanks to that kook Theresa May. I bet you one day the City of Shively would like to secede from Louisville Metro, because they will get tired of Metro dictating over them, especially if "Louexit" ever happens.

So from a political standpoint the merger was really a sham, and the revitalization means nothing. It's the unfair politics that will matter in the end. And I clearly know the difference between fair and unfair government. And if Darryl Owens read this he'd give me a thumbs up. That's my two cents in.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:59 PM

Bill strikes at Louisville merger, tax base

Here's another only 2 days old proving the merger a sham.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area