Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 02:31 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times

Advertisements

Should Louisville be declared a sanctuary city?

Unclear if or when it will come to a vote but there is a lot of talk about it right now and nearby cities Cincinnati and Birmingham recently became sanctuary cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 08:19 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,323,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Should Louisville be declared a sanctuary city?

Unclear if or when it will come to a vote but there is a lot of talk about it right now and nearby cities Cincinnati and Birmingham recently became sanctuary cities.
I moved to the San Francisco area about a year ago and of course, it's a Sanctuary City. I will be moving back to Louisville in about a year or so hopefully.

Personally, and I'm sure I'll get judged because of this, I do NOT want Louisville to follow the path of other cities to become a Sanctuary City. I realize there truly are decent people who need this, but at the end of the day, there are also some bad ones in that mix that would be in. Recently, an innocent woman in San Francisco was shot (randomly) of course while walking with her father. Turns out, it was a male in the city on Sanctuary status. He had a past criminal record of multiple arrests, all of which were violent. He should have never been allowed in.

For the safety & well being of everyone, I'm not a fan. Louisville already had a major spike in the homicide rate, no need to add more danger

Old 04-20-2017, 09:33 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
I'll get beat up for this no doubt, but I live in CA and it's one reason I want to leave here and move to KY. There is no benefit for most people to live in a sanctuary city unless of course you're an illegal alien. I live in what relatively was a small city. Here's what's happened in the last 20 years as the illegal alien population in my town has skyrocketed.

-crime has gone way up
-auto insurance premiums have gone up. Los Angeles is the hit and run capital of the United States.
-quality of education as decreased as schools need to teach many students not in English but in Spanish while English speaking students take the back seat
-many jobs that were done by Americans are now commonly given to illegals especially in construction because of course they will work for less
-identity theft has gone up since stolen social security numbers are in high demand.

This is just a short list. If Louisville goes sanctuary, I'll stay away from there and it's suburbs. The same for Lexington too if it chooses to follow this path. Maybe I need to seriously look at Western Kentucky or Tenn to buy my next house and retire.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:05 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,323,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I'll get beat up for this no doubt, but I live in CA and it's one reason I want to leave here and move to KY. There is no benefit for most people to live in a sanctuary city unless of course you're an illegal alien. I live in what relatively was a small city. Here's what's happened in the last 20 years as the illegal alien population in my town has skyrocketed.

-crime has gone way up
-auto insurance premiums have gone up. Los Angeles is the hit and run capital of the United States.
-quality of education as decreased as schools need to teach many students not in English but in Spanish while English speaking students take the back seat
-many jobs that were done by Americans are now commonly given to illegals especially in construction because of course they will work for less
-identity theft has gone up since stolen social security numbers are in high demand.

This is just a short list. If Louisville goes sanctuary, I'll stay away from there and it's suburbs. The same for Lexington too if it chooses to follow this path. Maybe I need to seriously look at Western Kentucky or Tenn to buy my next house and retire.
It's funny, I live in. Nor.Cal and can't wait to get out! I really hope Louisville doesn't follow, same for Lexington as you said.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:21 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
I moved to the San Francisco area about a year ago and of course, it's a Sanctuary City. I will be moving back to Louisville in about a year or so hopefully.

Personally, and I'm sure I'll get judged because of this, I do NOT want Louisville to follow the path of other cities to become a Sanctuary City. I realize there truly are decent people who need this, but at the end of the day, there are also some bad ones in that mix that would be in. Recently, an innocent woman in San Francisco was shot (randomly) of course while walking with her father. Turns out, it was a male in the city on Sanctuary status. He had a past criminal record of multiple arrests, all of which were violent. He should have never been allowed in.

For the safety & well being of everyone, I'm not a fan. Louisville already had a major spike in the homicide rate, no need to add more danger
Louisville gets great publicty when it is featured on.........First 48

Old 04-20-2017, 05:51 PM

4,241 posts, read 7,171,669 times
I like those big black "Resist 45" billboards around town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: