Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:55 PM

9 posts, read 38,906 times

Advertisements

okay I live in louisville and even though it was ranked 8th safest with a pop 500k+ not a hole lot of cities with our population and I personaly think louisville has high crime I live in the east end of louisville suburbs and Im saying this when I was a kid ive been jumped by kids with guns on westport road but their are a lot of very nice areas of louisville u just gotta look around and downtown smells awful in the summer with no wind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 01:18 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisvilleSKI View Post
okay I live in louisville and even though it was ranked 8th safest with a pop 500k+ not a hole lot of cities with our population and I personaly think louisville has high crime I live in the east end of louisville suburbs and Im saying this when I was a kid ive been jumped by kids with guns on westport road but their are a lot of very nice areas of louisville u just gotta look around and downtown smells awful in the summer with no wind
Haven't you posted something similiar to this before?

Old 02-14-2008, 01:53 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
Louisville ranked 8th of of 32 cities w. 500k+ people. That's top 25% in that category. Even the pre-merger Louisville was the 18th safest in it's size

Old 10-12-2009, 03:08 PM

14 posts, read 74,015 times
I currently am living somewhat near campus in an area that is by no stretch horrible but also is definetly not one of the nicer areas of the city. Upon arriving here I had so many people tell me how bad the area was, not to walk around alone, and in short basically just made the area out to be generally unsafe. However after being here for sometime now and walking everywhere I go regardless of the time of day or night or the neighborhood i'm in, I can honestly say I have not even one time felt threatened in any way. That being said I have lived in other worse off cities previously and can handle myself pretty well.

Basically the way I see it is if you have a little street smarts (not walking down the street at night alone in an area known to be not so nice while not paying attention and texting on your new Iphone), pay attention to whats going on around you, and simply aren't a confrontational ass, you should have no problems. However remember you are in a city so use some common sense, keep your wits about you, and take simple precautions with your possessions like looking things up and such and you will be just fine.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:33 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyRocks View Post
I currently am living somewhat near campus in an area that is by no stretch horrible but also is definetly not one of the nicer areas of the city. Upon arriving here I had so many people tell me how bad the area was, not to walk around alone, and in short basically just made the area out to be generally unsafe. However after being here for sometime now and walking everywhere I go regardless of the time of day or night or the neighborhood i'm in, I can honestly say I have not even one time felt threatened in any way. That being said I have lived in other worse off cities previously and can handle myself pretty well.

Basically the way I see it is if you have a little street smarts (not walking down the street at night alone in an area known to be not so nice while not paying attention and texting on your new Iphone), pay attention to whats going on around you, and simply aren't a confrontational ass, you should have no problems. However remember you are in a city so use some common sense, keep your wits about you, and take simple precautions with your possessions like looking things up and such and you will be just fine.

Amen. You must be from the Philly area? The problem is many raised in KY do not posess "street smarts," and Louisville is an urban enough city to scare some of these people.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 879 times
I moved here to louisville 3 years ago. I dont recommend louisville as a home to tax payers.Other states are sending drug addicts and mental ill on the advise of Virginia social workers. A $500.00 voucher to walmart and a one way ticket to louisville.Grayhound of course.Old lousville has a sloppy homicide unit.Homicide unit fails to follow up on tips to a grousesome murder.I can back up all my claims. A crazy woman confesses to killing her x-boyfreind gets 5 year and freed.I called old louisville police 1 year prior to reporting she stabbed him on preston st. She beat him with a lead pipe with her new boyfreind. So I will say louisville Ky is getto as it gets.Even star witnesses get murder her this week in the news.Warning dont get hopes up in louisville KY.,are streets are wild!!!!Visit C.L.O.U.T citizens of louisville organizied and united together they look at issues facing tax payers and meet once a month on forth and ST Catherine.I should also say the reason I say I am Lucky is, The unlucky Dori was murdered 2 months after the other murder.She was found on 5th and kentucky in old louisville.

Last edited by Lucky Dori; 06-30-2010 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: why I claim to be lucky

Old 07-01-2010, 09:09 PM

171 posts, read 377,717 times
Ohh my! I'm turning my bus pass in and taking the car for now on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area