Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:07 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,312,676 times

Advertisements

You must remember that Rock Springs is a new development. There could be someone who recently bought there from __________ and we know that people from _________ may be something other than people from Kentucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 11:33 AM

221 posts, read 751,951 times
I'm sorry this happened to you, especially at such a vulnerable transitional time. It's always upsetting to be the victim of any crime. It's normal to look for some reason, and even more upsetting to think there just might not be one because it makes life seem that much more precarious than it already is.

I'm just really sorry you're going through this. Especially at a time when your family is separated.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:02 PM

25 posts, read 64,796 times
Painting someones car is a class 2 misdemeanor. Anything over $500. Reallly is that something you want to brag about doing? And I'm sure your neighbors would more that appreciate it if you would take time with your dogs and keep them quiet. Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean it doesn't bother any one else.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:06 PM

25 posts, read 64,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
You must remember that Rock Springs is a new development. There could be someone who recently bought there from __________ and we know that people from _________ may be something other than people from Kentucky.
We dont live in Rock Springs.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:23 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,245,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
So is this to say that a car with an out of state license plate is like a calling card or target for such silliness? I just need clarification here because that's what it sounds like you're saying.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:00 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,312,676 times
No, I was trying to be tongue in cheek with a very real situation that can occur. I was saying that all the complaints that this thread has had for Kentucky people should not necessarily be directed at native/long term Kentuckians. I was poking fun at unnamed and unknown immigrants (possibly a Hoosier, a UPer, even a corn husker, a yankee, or maybe a Johnny Reb) who moved here without the gentle Kentucky manners we do try to offer.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:52 AM

36 posts, read 184,061 times
Default Nutsies are Everywheres

Since I have lived all over I can share with you that bad behavior happens all over the place. Some places do have a nasty bent, but I have never heard of Louisville having a nasty bent against dogs. You got a lot of people in Louisville.

When you do hear about bad things against animals (or their owners) here in the States, it's almost always some disturbed and disgusting individual or two individuals who egg each other on and who engage in the behavior repeatedly. It isn't usually a whole bunch of people who all have the same mindset.

I woke up the other day to find swastikas all over my yard. My yard is tiny rocks. Someone used a pole or something and traced giant swastikas in my rocks, and then added a pentagram for good measure. I'm German and I'm not religious. I could have taken it to heart real bad, but the odds against someone in my neighborhood really disliking me to that extent was so narrow, although they find me strange, LOL. My neighbors (cops) caught the TEENS doing it again elsewhere. It was random. They weren't targeting Germans. They were targeting those with pebble yards for their canvas. Duh.

Try not to take it to heart. It was a disturbed person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: