U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 03:22 PM

25 posts, read 60,380 times

Advertisements

We are renting a home right now that allowed Dogs in the Louisville area. We are very watchful of our animals while they are out doing their thing and make sure they are quiet so as not to disturb our neighbors. This morning, we found our car to have been vandalized from someone who had thrown an oil based paint all over it. Since we stay to ourselves we are having trouble coming up with any reason for this other than it might be because of our dogs. I talked toa woman in the Jefferson Public school who helps with people relocating and she said to be careful where you live here in Louisville if you have dogs. Her neighbors, she said were just horrible to her dog. So really, where in Louisville should we look to find a home that is safe for children as well as animals? My gut feeling is to move both my children and my dogs back to Virginia.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 05:13 PM

7,021 posts, read 15,379,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBfromVA View Post
We are renting a home right now that allowed Dogs in the Louisville area. We are very watchful of our animals while they are out doing their thing and make sure they are quiet so as not to disturb our neighbors. This morning, we found our car to have been vandalized from someone who had thrown an oil based paint all over it. Since we stay to ourselves we are having trouble coming up with any reason for this other than it might be because of our dogs. I talked toa woman in the Jefferson Public school who helps with people relocating and she said to be careful where you live here in Louisville if you have dogs. Her neighbors, she said were just horrible to her dog. So really, where in Louisville should we look to find a home that is safe for children as well as animals? My gut feeling is to move both my children and my dogs back to Virginia.
again, i have had to ban three people from VA lately because they claim to be from Louisville when they are not, and have regstered multiple names. You posted from a computer based in Richmond VA, yet your car got broken into in Louisville today? I doubt anyone would vandalize your car because you have dogs. Either they were trying to break in or they were just some bored teens playing pranks, which happens anywhere. Sorry about your luck.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:03 PM

Right now, my husband lives in Louisville, while I am selling our home in Va. We are looking for a home in Louisville. Have you ever heard of temporary living. This is where a company pays your living expenses in the town where the job is and then you sell your home in the state you are moving from. Usually one of the adults stays behind and sells the home. I will be happy to email you personally the police report number, Its just a shame that the only people you want on the Louisville website are people with positive things to say. Obviously there just might be problems with owning dogs in the great city of Louisville and Oldham county. Plus I thought that this was a relocation forum. Thats what it says on the link to join City Data. City-Data.com Forum: Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions

Old 04-08-2008, 07:51 PM

I believe you, CB, its only we have had some trolls post from VA lately, and one who reincarnates himself. Postive and negative esperience are welcome, but trolls are not. The fact is, you posted your message today from VA, yet you said you saw the car break in the same day in Louisville.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:10 PM

No I did not say I saw it, I said "we found out", meaning my children and I. They are here on spring break and my husband called very upset. We are concerned, Not only about our property, our animals but also about our children's safty. I travel to Louisville periodically to visit my children that chose to live with my husband during this transition and then I come back to Va and check on my other children and to sell the house. This is not our first move but this is the first time we have ever been vandalized. The car was not broken into, oil based paint was deliberately poured onto it.

Last edited by CBfromVA; 04-08-2008 at 08:19 PM..

Old 04-08-2008, 08:49 PM

5,389 posts, read 11,521,050 times
Quote:
No I did not say I saw it, I said "we found out", meaning my children and I. They are here on spring break and my husband called very upset. We are concerned, Not only about our property, our animals but also about our children's safty. I travel to Louisville periodically to visit my children that chose to live with my husband during this transition and then I come back to Va and check on my other children and to sell the house. This is not our first move but this is the first time we have ever been vandalized. The car was not broken into, oil based paint was deliberately poured onto it.
I don't want to discount your experience, and I am by no way minimalizing this pointless crime. I just wanted to share something with you. I used to live in a smaller Texas city of about 160,000 people. Being a single woman, I am always concerned about safety and I never felt threatened or unsafe. People were nice and welcoming and I lived in a good neighborhood. Yet I too was the victim of car vandals who decided to throw a couple of bricks through my windshield. The car was parked in front of the house, as it always was. After this happened, although I had lived in this town for years, I didn't feel very safe. Even though the majority of my experiences were very positive, still that one incident stood out in my mind. Who knows why kids or whoever do these things?

I guess what I am saying is that your feelings are valid and normal, and that I feel your initial post was simply trying to assign a possible motive for such a senseless crime. It's even more pronounced for you because you have not yet completed your relocation, and already it seems to be starting off on the wrong foot. Understandably, you have concerns.

I hope things work out for you and that your transition is a smooth one.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:23 PM

Thank you. I hope nothing else happens. It is difficult to explain to children why some people do things like this. But this could cause problems for us in other ways, will we be able to continue to rent this home , do we really want to and where would we go? our livelyhood is in Louisville now not in Va. This is all just very sad.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Well I am sorry to hear that and can assure that was a random crime probably done by bored teens

Old 04-08-2008, 09:31 PM

No we think it was someone in the neighborhood, an adult.But we can't figure out what their motive was? We can only speculate but this is not how we would handle conflict. If we knew what they were upset about, we would have done anything to placate the situation. So no this was not random nor was it bored teens.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:46 AM

153 posts, read 511,099 times
when I was a kid, we spray painted the neighbor's car. I didn't think much of it back then; obviously I regret such behaviors now. Unless your renting in a rough area I can't believe some idiot would waste his time or materials because of a dog. I've got three and they bark alot and no one complains. Anyway, who knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: