Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 03:47 PM

4 posts, read 6,758 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm moving to Louisville this summer, it will be my 9 year old daughter and myself. I currently live in Lexington near downtown in a historic neighborhood and I abhor suburbs.

We want somewhere in Louisville that is within walking distance to various restaurants, shops, farmers market, and a park. However, it would be wonderful if there are also kids around, doesn't need to be a neighborhood full of kids, but a few would be nice.

If you're familiar with Lexington...I'm looking for something in Louisville similar to Kenwick, Chevy Chase, (parts of) Aylesford, or Gratz Park neighborhoods.

I appreciate any help...thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 04:20 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,342,219 times
Along Franfort Ave (the Clifton & Crescent Hill neighborhoods) or Bardstown Rd inside Taylorsville Rd (the area known as the Highlands)

Old 05-28-2008, 08:39 PM

7,059 posts, read 16,639,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thawaltzingfool View Post
Hello,

I'm moving to Louisville this summer, it will be my 9 year old daughter and myself. I currently live in Lexington near downtown in a historic neighborhood and I abhor suburbs.

We want somewhere in Louisville that is within walking distance to various restaurants, shops, farmers market, and a park. However, it would be wonderful if there are also kids around, doesn't need to be a neighborhood full of kids, but a few would be nice.

If you're familiar with Lexington...I'm looking for something in Louisville similar to Kenwick, Chevy Chase, (parts of) Aylesford, or Gratz Park neighborhoods.

I appreciate any help...thanks!
Search my posts. They talk mostly about the joys of urban, walkable areas, and some streets to look on. You may have to search a lot of posts though

Old 06-11-2008, 09:29 AM

7 posts, read 18,309 times
Default Best Places

It sounds like the Highlands area is best for your needs. Good schools, walk to park, restaurants, shopping, etc. Second to that is St. Matthews, then Crescent Hill.

We construct new, as well, renovate in these areas. Please go to my website to see some past projects in the parks areas.

Please contact me should you need additional advice or assistance.

[url=http://www.louisvillebuilding.com]The Louisville Building Company, Luxury Custom Homebuilder, Louisville, Kentucky[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area