U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2008, 07:38 AM

8 posts, read 20,790 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information about the Ursuline Schools- especially the Montessori. I have check out the website. Has anyone had a child there? Are they good schools? Are they difficult to get in? Are there long waiting list? Thanks for any help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 11:38 AM

8 posts, read 19,645 times
Hi - We are moving to Louisville soon too. To the best of my knowledge the Ursuline Montessori program no longer exists. Some families that were a part of that program started the Montessori School of Louisville. I have met with the director and we are happy with this program. It is K-8, about 60 kids, around $6700 a year. Hope this helps!

Old 06-14-2008, 12:40 PM

79 posts, read 400,350 times
Default I believe it does exist....

I called and spoke to someone earlier this year and received info about the Montessori program at the Ursuline campus and I have a daughter at Sacred Heart Academy at the campus. The phone number for Montessori at the Ursuline campus is 502-895-7798.

It is quite expensive and there are few other Montessori schools in Louisville and Jefferson County Public schools also have a couple Montessori preschool and K-5 programs one is Kennedy (downtown) and there is Coleridge-Taylor Montessori (also downtown, I believe).

Also have heard alot of good things about Hayfield Montessori (502) 228-0165. I think they are part of the St Francis Episcopal Church in Prospect.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:39 PM

8 posts, read 20,790 times
Thanks for the info. I called today. The Montessori is still open.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,324 times
Default Ursuline Campus Schools

I work for Ursuline Campus Schools, and Ursuline Montessori School (ages 2-6) is alive and well! Our preschool has been a staple in the Louisville community for over 40 years. Our campus is unique in that we also have a traditional preschool for parents to choose from -- Ursuline Child Development Center (ages 1-5). We are a private, Catholic community of five schools. Both preschools are curriculum based and prepare children for elementary school and beyond. Both schools are divese in faculty and student representation. Our campus is also unique in that we have Ursuline School for the Performing Arts (all ages) on site, which enables our preschool students to experience a variety of arts opportunities during their school day and after school without having to leave campus or parents having to come and take the child to the arts class. (We have a bus to transport the children across campus.) While it is important to find the best school that fits your child's needs, we hope you will check out all that Ursuline Campus has to offer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area