Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:18 PM

4 posts, read 58,774 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info on the better place to live. From what we've seen of the Highlands we really like it there. Kinda funky with a lot of small art shops, coffee houses, local eating joints etc. etc. Just a whole lot of local flavor which is something we really don't have here in Laguna Beach..lot's of really really expensive rest. but after that it's all chain food...kinda sucks.
We are planning on coming to visit Louisville for the Thunder event..went last year and had the best time. We're going to hit up a local realtor while there too.
When we are in town, which bar/nightclubs could you recommend? We'd like to get a good feeling of the diveristy Louisville offers and of course, like to see the gay community in action as well.
Thanks so very much for all the info so far!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,288 times
Default So did you move?

I am thinking of moving to LSVL too... was wonder how newbies felt about it if you did in fact move..

Old 06-11-2008, 06:52 PM

38 posts, read 101,505 times
Like the above posters, I would reccomend the Highlands as well.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:09 PM

209 posts, read 739,243 times
Welcome!

I don't think anyone has mentioned G3 Illustrated - It's more than a magazine... it's a movement! ... an excellent publication you see everywhere.

Both my son and my wife have openly gay bosses - one a museum director, the other an attorney. They and their partners are important and accepted members of the community. Sure, there are bigoted dimwits around ... but most everyone sees them as dimwits!

Old 06-26-2008, 11:44 PM

81 posts, read 254,387 times
Yeah louisville is pretty gay, cmon over, i dont care. Now i did vote for the gay marriage ban and im a republican, but yeah to each his own, people mind their own business so much around here its sickening, in a robotic sort of way.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:42 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,792,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat750 View Post
Yeah louisville is pretty gay, cmon over, i dont care. Now i did vote for the gay marriage ban and im a republican, but yeah to each his own, people mind their own business so much around here its sickening, in a robotic sort of way.
Wow, did you get up on the wrong side of bed today!!

Anyway, I'm not a Republican and I don't oppose gay marriage. (Hey, if I have to suffer, everyone has to suffer!) And I prefer to think of us as tolerant, not just minding our own business. So yes, Louisville is very gay-friendly.

As you can see by kat, even our conservatives don't mind you moving here!

Old 07-16-2008, 02:52 PM

13 posts, read 51,726 times
If you do move to Louisville you should live in the Highlands.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:53 PM

3 posts, read 11,153 times
Uhm... as a lesbiterian, Come home guys.. it's a great place to live and I'm with you on the Laguna prices, I grew up in Irvine.. Laguna was my old hangout. Don't got to Connections.. it's tired... hit the Pink Door on thursgays...

Old 10-06-2008, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,002 times
that's just nasty.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:44 PM

93 posts, read 247,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisvilleGal View Post
There was a time, within the past 10 years, that Louisville had the largest per capita gay population. I don't think a lot of people know that.
Unless there has been a major exodus from Louisville among gays in the past 10 years, this is not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area