Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 10:11 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,743,019 times

Advertisements

I agree, look at both cities, but I really think Louisville is the superior city. Just curious, why Knoxville and Louisville? I see them as two very different cities, and certainly much different in size. It would be like considering Louisville versus, say, Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 03:20 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,346,548 times
Fair question. It came down to L-Ville vs. K-Ville based on several observations. Both cities offer ample shopping/dining, a zoo, amusement park, a major college, have river settings, good bike trails, nice airports, minor league baseball and are a reasonable drive back to West MI. Oh yes, and the company I work for has very succesful shops in both cities.

So while they do indeed differ from one another, both have many similarities. Louisville does sound like a great place and we are looking forward to visiting. Keep those opinions coming!

Old 08-22-2008, 03:26 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
Well I think Louisville has a more "midwestern" feel to it than Knoxville, if that is important to you. I mean, Louisville is sort of a cross between the South and the Midwest, whereas I think Knox is more Southern in spirit. And that isn't a bad thing either way. Just depends on what floats your boat. I do think the public transportation system in Louisville is good for a city its size, and if that is a consideration then again, Louisville would come out ahead.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:07 PM

102 posts, read 323,894 times
Definitely Louisville. Much larger then Knoxville and offers a whole lot more in the way of everything. They are in two different leagues. Louisville is better compared to Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, etc. (in terms of size). Culturally, these cities are much different.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:33 PM

48 posts, read 218,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
I agree, look at both cities, but I really think Louisville is the superior city. Just curious, why Knoxville and Louisville? I see them as two very different cities, and certainly much different in size. It would be like considering Louisville versus, say, Phoenix.

Its not that big of a difference. Don't act like Lousiville is SO much more supreme.

Knoxville has beautiful scenery, a great university, great people, and a downtown area in a period of revitilization.

Louisville is in an ugly part of the country, people aren't as nice, and it just seems cheesy in general.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:40 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,080,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTowner33 View Post
Louisville is in an ugly part of the country, people aren't as nice, and it just seems cheesy in general.
I hope you are only saying that because you are mad at STX

Old 08-26-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I hope you are only saying that because you are mad at STX
Well, it has its positives, but those are 3 things that stand out to me about Louisville.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:23 AM

5 posts, read 20,175 times
I currently live in Knoxville but grew up just outside of Louisville in Floyd Knobs, IN (about 20 min drive to downtown Louisville). I have lived in Knoxville for 3 years with 2 small children and I love it here. Because Knoxville is smaller, it is better I think. It has even more sporting options than Louisville, this town goes nuts over UT Football and UT Basketball. Gatlinburg has a minor league baseball team that compares to the Riverbats in Louisville. Knoxville has great shopping and it is not all spread out like in Louisville. Knoxville has great parks but I am not too familiar with Louisville's parks since I great up in Floyd Knobs. To me, I would move back to Floyd Knobs in a heartbeat just because it is home and my family farm is there. But, if I had to choose between Knoxville and Louisville, it would be Knoxville hands down. I like the smaller town feel and it has just as much to offer as Louisville. And, don't be fooled by Louisville calling itself an international airport, I have never flown anywhere direct out of Louisville, always to Atlanta or Detroit.

Hope that helps, too bad we have to move to Chattanooga which is what I am here researching.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:00 PM

257 posts, read 881,391 times
knoxville is not spread out like louisville? psh. and people are very nice in louisville; don't be fooled. don't troll.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw87a View Post
knoxville is not spread out like louisville? psh. and people are very nice in louisville; don't be fooled. don't troll.

Dont hate because Louisville got pwned by the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: