Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2013, 05:02 AM

2 posts, read 7,033 times

Advertisements

The one restaurant I really miss is House of Chen located in a former Lum's restaurant. (The building is gone now.)
It changed to Thai Kitchen for a while, but still had Chen's food on the menu.
I'm hoping someone opened a new restaurant that uses their recipes.
I grew up eating their food back when it was Lotus near Shivley Park and I'd love to eat one last meal of their food!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 10:29 AM

2 posts, read 7,118 times
I was looking for information on Sunset East Tavern and found your note on this web site. You don't happen to know if there are any pictures or misc that still exist? I am looking for a picture of the sign or something for an anniversary present. That's where my husband and I met and I loved that bar. Many happy memories.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:04 PM

49 posts, read 83,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror Image View Post
Does anyone remember the name of a gas station on Dixie Hwy that was directly behind field 3 of Valley Sports Little League. [Steilberg Field] It was just south of the Sunoco at the corner of Greenwood and Dixie.
It was a People's Oil station. They sold and pumped gas but did not do mechanical work on cars.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:11 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,045,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittrip2 View Post
I was looking for information on Sunset East Tavern and found your note on this web site. You don't happen to know if there are any pictures or misc that still exist? I am looking for a picture of the sign or something for an anniversary present. That's where my husband and I met and I loved that bar. Many happy memories.
Is that where they played the "old time music" at~?

Old 10-13-2013, 06:52 PM

3 posts, read 23,710 times
O m'gosh! I think my brain is going to explode! Romar Gleeson!? People's gas station!? I couldn't have pulled those outta thin air if I had to! Has anyone mentioned the Luau Room, New Orleans House, Hassenauer's (sp?), Kaelin's or Lentini's?

Old 10-14-2013, 11:23 AM

49 posts, read 83,900 times
[quote=Toby Lee;27167428]
Wade Swope- Louisville's first Toyota dealership.

Tinsley Motors was actually Louisville's first Toyota dealership. They started selling Toyota's around 1966. Wade Swope would later buy out that dealership and then they would be bought out by Oxmoor Toyota (Farmer Auto Group) around 1989.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:58 AM

6 posts, read 17,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louroclou View Post
Funny, as probably the oldest dude here, I can pretty much guess the ages of folks by their entries. I'm sure people look at mine and have no idea what I'm talking about!
Not sure about that. I'm 74, St X class of 1956 - many of the postings here are too new for me to remember (we moved away in July, '56) - still good to read them. Oh, and Winn-Dixie (at least the one on Woodlawn, in the Beechmont area) was originally a Steiden's Grocery; changed ownership in maybe the early 1950's.

Thanks for the memories)

Old 10-16-2013, 11:11 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summercross View Post
Not sure about that. I'm 74, St X class of 1956 - many of the postings here are too new for me to remember (we moved away in July, '56) - still good to read them. Oh, and Winn-Dixie (at least the one on Woodlawn, in the Beechmont area) was originally a Steiden's Grocery; changed ownership in maybe the early 1950's.

Thanks for the memories)
It's never too late to come home! Louisville is attracting lots of retirees. Louisville is a completely different city than you remember, but in a good way

Old 11-07-2013, 12:25 PM

2 posts, read 8,099 times
Default Club Neon 18th & Maple

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthilo View Post
I am searching for anyone who might remember the "Club Neon." It was located at 18th and Maple street probably during the 30's or 40's. I have an old souvenir picture of my grandmother partying there and would love to know more about the club.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......Hello,I have some pictures from circa. 1957 of my parents and a cousin inside that bar,I didnt know the name of it until I read your post,all I knew is my Mom told me it was a bar at 18th & Maple,she couldnt remember the name.Straw...I have a group on Facebook called "Louisville,Kentucky History-Back In The Good Old Days" Check it out,I can post the pictures I have on there,Invite anybody you know that likes the History of Louisville,Ky.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 8,099 times
Default Leonhardt's Restaurant Shively

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBERULTRA View Post
Do you happen to recall any stores there were in southland terrace in shively? My aunts owned the old Leonhardt's Restaurant and some family members were gathered trying to remember all the stores there in the 60's and 70's
.................................................. ...............................Hello AMBERULTRA,I use to work at Leoahardt's back in the 70's for your Aunts,it was one of my 1st jobs,I was a Dishwasher and Bus boy.I dont remember quite a few family members of theirs worked there,I remember Joe Stone and his sister I think went by maybe Sissy,I remember they were like grand nephew & Niece of the owners.Do you have any old pictures of the Restaurant,if so I woild love to see them,I have a Facebook group called """Louisville,Kentucky History-Back In The Good Old Day""" check it out it got lots of Louisvillle history on it,and more added every day,I remember I was 16 years old when I worked there becauce I was driving my 1st car and it was the smae kind as one of your Aunts car,a 56 Pontiac,your Aunts was a white or cream color if I remember rite.I would love to talk to see if you could give me some history on the Restaurant,Thanks LaRay....PS: Lets any of your friends know about my Facebook group and send them my way if they like Louisville History,Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area