Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2015, 03:10 PM

49 posts, read 83,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I thought Consolidated was in Hikes Point Plaza on the corner where TJ Maxx is now~?
That store in Hikes Point Plaza was Topps. Consolidated had a store at 15th and Jefferson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 06:40 PM

9 posts, read 25,452 times
Been a while since i have been on the site, but out of the blue a restaurant came to mind that I dont think anyone mentioned. "Olivia's" cant remember what it was before, but the old Shively police chief "Donnio"owned it or something and he was majorly corrupt with the maffia, according to a lot of people who told me that are long dead and gone now. LOL : )

Old 03-20-2015, 07:09 PM

Default Leonhardt's

LaRay, It was Joe and Babs. Yes my aunt rose had a white pontiac. I do not remember you as i was the youngest. We all did work at that restaurant of some sort until it closed in 1980. i will as my mom if she has any pictures that i may be able to upload for you or email to you.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:26 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,872 times
Does anyone remember a restaurant in a hotel in or near the Fairgrounds that had violinists playing and walking between fhe tables. I think the violinists were the Kurt Sieger & the Strolling Strings. It was a nice restaurant in I think the 1960's or 1970's.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:36 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,868,677 times
^^^The Executive Inn

The Kurt Siegert Strings, was a popular combo and performed at the Executive Inn almost daily for close to 30 years.
Kurt & Barbara organized the string group, consisting of
four violins, Kurt, Barbara and Jesus & Carmen Getan
with Tom Conlin at the piano and Bert Pierson, Bass

The group opened the Executive Inn in Louisville in 1963
and except for an eight months engagement 1964/65 at
the Executive Inn in Dallas, performed daily in the
Empire Room until 1992

At one time the orchestra was augmented to six violins
but later changed to three violins and a guitar was added.

Executive Inn Hotel, Louisville Kentucky - Video and Picture Achieve

Old 03-23-2015, 02:43 PM

Thanks, I will check it out. I will ask and see if anyone has any pics and get back to you. SOrry, I havent been on here in a long time and just recently saw your reply.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:10 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
^^^The Executive Inn

The Kurt Siegert Strings, was a popular combo and performed at the Executive Inn almost daily for close to 30 years.
Kurt & Barbara organized the string group, consisting of
four violins, Kurt, Barbara and Jesus & Carmen Getan
with Tom Conlin at the piano and Bert Pierson, Bass

The group opened the Executive Inn in Louisville in 1963
and except for an eight months engagement 1964/65 at
the Executive Inn in Dallas, performed daily in the
Empire Room until 1992

At one time the orchestra was augmented to six violins
but later changed to three violins and a guitar was added.

Executive Inn Hotel, Louisville Kentucky - Video and Picture Achieve

Thanks! We went there a number of times on special "date nights." It's good to know the name of the hotel where they played. Now our daughter plays in a symphony orchestra.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueygunner69 View Post
It was called Triple Triangle Systems, Inc. My older brother and I worked for a short time at the Wilson Avenue location during the summer of 1966, I believe. We wore a goofy paper fold-flat cap. The owner was very particular about the cap being clean. We wore that cap day after day. We got two 10-minute breaks and a short lunch break. He gave us an employee discount on our meals. He had us working like we were on the assembly line at General Electric Company at Appliance Park. The idea behind the chain was to order "combos" by colored triangles, such as red, blue, and etc.

My brother and I had worked for El Taco Mexican Restaurants in San Pedro and Gardena, California. Charlie Toogood and his brother, Jerry Toogood, were more lax than TTS. We worked hard at El Taco but it was more informal. We got to eat as much food as we wanted to eat and it was FREE. Usually, after the rush, I would take a break and fix myself a meal. Customers liked seeing us employees eating the restaurant's food -- it reassured them that our food was safe to eat!
There was a Triple Triangle on Dixie Highway near where the old Sandy's Restaurant was at Sonne Avenue. You could get a burger, fries and shake for under a dollar when I was a kid. Sandy's was nice restaurant, many Shively political meetings, etc held in the back rooms. They were open quite late and had just about everything you could imagine for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:10 AM

49 posts, read 83,949 times
"Been a while since i have been on the site, but out of the blue a restaurant came to mind that I dont think anyone mentioned. "Olivia's" cant remember what it was before, "

Oliva's was on Dixie just south of Gagel Ave. It originally opened as a Sambo's restaurant about 1979 before that chain went bankrupt. It later was the site for Ryan's steakhouse. It was also a bar/night club for a short while after Oliva's.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,267 times
Does anyone remember Lotts resturant across from the Starks Bldg in the 70's? It was a wonderful sandwich shop. And the small dive called Hicks in the Starks Bldg with wonderful chicken and fish
Thanks
RT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area