Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:02 PM

13 posts, read 50,484 times

Advertisements

Single daughter going to be a medical resident doctor at U or L Medical center on Muhammed Ali Av.It is supposed to be across from Liberty Green
Someone suggested Liberty Green,is it safe now ?
Have all construction projects private and public been completed?
Any recent pics.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 03:55 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainpenpen View Post
Single daughter going to be a medical resident doctor at U or L Medical center on Muhammed Ali Av.It is supposed to be across from Liberty Green
Someone suggested Liberty Green,is it safe now ?
Have all construction projects private and public been completed?
Any recent pics.
Thanks
Libery Green has already installed over 200 public housing units. All are rentals at this point, and most are subsidized housing, but there are strict criteria on who can live there. For example, the head of the household must meet the definition of working family, defined as 30 hours or more a week of work. Also, the rents are higher than any subsidized housing. At this point, they are building lots of rental units in the NE corner, just a block from UofL hospital, that they will rent at market rate to UofL employees and all others interested, including residents, students, families, etc.

This is a very safe area now in general, despite racist people who will tell you otherwise. I really cant recall a murder or any violent crime in Liberty Green since the old projects were torn down. Certainly, the area still has a stigma as the "old projects" even though the new apartments are beautiful.

At this point, they are beginning the home ownership phase at Liberty Green. Some of the townhomes well sell from 100k-500k, providing affordable houing for middle class families downtown, including resident physcians or other middle income professionals:

LouisvilleKy.gov - Metro News Room - Metro News Item

censusdata has some wonderful pics all over the site. You need to look at the Louisville development thread.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:34 AM

257 posts, read 881,121 times
i agree. i really enjoy driving through this area and wouldn't mind living there some time myself after college and i move back to louisville. it really is a nice place and i can't wait for it to finish. the proximity to the hospital gives it such a safe feel in general to me anyways. that eastern portion of downtown is booming as it is and with more medical facilities being built in that area (haymarket project), i look for it to become highly coveted in the coming years.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:23 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
One thing to keep in mind is that only a small portion of the project is complete. Since it is divided up into different sized/ priced units by each building, all sizes may not yet be available.

I biked around the site yesterday. It seems to be a mixture of public housing units and young professionals. There was construction going on everywhere. I really like the on-site parking all units have.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:26 PM

13 posts, read 50,484 times
i look for it to become highly coveted in the coming years.[/quote]
Just phoned Liberty Green today.
There is a 5 year waiting list for a one bedroom or studio and one year waiting list for a 2 bedroom.

So we would have to look elsewhere for accommodation for the incoming Medical resident.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:09 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainpenpen View Post
i look for it to become highly coveted in the coming years.
Just phoned Liberty Green today.
There is a 5 year waiting list for a one bedroom or studio and one year waiting list for a 2 bedroom.

So we would have to look elsewhere for accommodation for the incoming Medical resident.[/quote]

Cathedral Commons is the best looking affordable apartment complex downtown. It only has ~40 units, so it may also have a waiting list.

Cathedral Commons Apartments Louisville, KY - Apartments for Rent in Louisville Kentucky (broken link)

If I were you, I would also look very seriously at some apartment houses in Butchertown.

Other nice looking downtown units:
Helson Development Corporation | Carlysle Residential
Medford Property Company, Inc.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 10,668 times
Default No!

Any body from louisvilles inner city knows better look good now ? TWENTY YEARS AGO THEY REMODLED THE CLARKSADALE NIEBORHOOD THE WORST PALCE IN LOUISVILLE I GREW UP ON 416 CLAY IN CLARKSDALE THE NEW NOW IS GREAT WAIT UNTIL ABOUT THREE YEARS FROM NOW , RIGHT BACK TO HOW IT WAS.tHE PEOPLE WHO INHABIT THE AREA ARE LOW CLASS AND WONT WORK AND FILE EVERY CHECK POSSIBLE I KNOW IVE BEEN THERE AND DONE IT I KNOW SO DONT INVEST TOO MUCH DO YOUR HOME WORK YOU MIGHT BE IN A 200,000 DOLLAR CONDO BUT THE PERSON ACROSS THE STREET IS PUBLIC HOUSING ?

Old 07-06-2008, 02:19 AM

149 posts, read 764,080 times
Jeeze jnoble, what the hell's wrong with public housing?

Meanwhile I caint figure out howcome U of L caint locate 5th and 6th yr medical students within walking distance to hospital. Sounds damned stupid to me that teaching hospital caint seize one busted down apartment building or another in the neighborhood. Caint they accomodate dormitory styled 1 or 2 year leasing to docs en route marching through the ranks? Then when residency is finished - toss em out on their ear, says me.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:29 PM

81 posts, read 254,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post

This is a very safe area now in general, despite racist people who will tell you otherwise.
Hold up on that, ill bet most people dont like these areas because they hate being around the negativity that goes along with it. Mean mugging, walking as slowly as humanly possible swearving back and forth as if they were drunk and with a look on their face that says, (your gonna get raped, or ima rob you)

I work with several great honest black people who even with different views on things i still trust and get along with mainly because they can form sentences and speak to me like a human. Besides the white kids do it to anyway so whatever. Im so sick of people making crap parents raising crap kids have more crap kids some racial injustice. This is NOT THE PROBLEM.

Nice try on the race baiting though.

The sooner people realize this is not about race and is more about being treated with respect the sooner all these (race issues) will go away. The crime can be zero, i will never live there because of the attitudes.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:33 PM

81 posts, read 254,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoble View Post
Any body from louisvilles inner city knows better look good now ? TWENTY YEARS AGO THEY REMODLED THE CLARKSADALE NIEBORHOOD THE WORST PALCE IN LOUISVILLE I GREW UP ON 416 CLAY IN CLARKSDALE THE NEW NOW IS GREAT WAIT UNTIL ABOUT THREE YEARS FROM NOW , RIGHT BACK TO HOW IT WAS.tHE PEOPLE WHO INHABIT THE AREA ARE LOW CLASS AND WONT WORK AND FILE EVERY CHECK POSSIBLE I KNOW IVE BEEN THERE AND DONE IT I KNOW SO DONT INVEST TOO MUCH DO YOUR HOME WORK YOU MIGHT BE IN A 200,000 DOLLAR CONDO BUT THE PERSON ACROSS THE STREET IS PUBLIC HOUSING ?

This is what i dont understand, whats the point of building all these nice new homes that line the river if in a few years they are junk, lol who would have guessed?! I have the same thing in my area, falcon crest apartments, low income almost all section 8 and in just 1 year i can see aging, that place will be a dump in 5 years, like the townhomes down the road on blue lick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area