U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 07:29 PM

37 posts, read 142,196 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any ideas on job possibilities in the Louisville area for former teachers? I have worked 7 years as a special education teacher. I am considering a move to Louisville. (I was really impressed with the city when I visited this summer!) Along with the move I am thinking about a career change. Do you know of any companies that like to hire former teachers? (corporate, textbook companies, non-profits, etc.) Any ideas will be helpful!

Mindy
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 07:33 PM

4,825 posts, read 13,626,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPb78 View Post
Does anyone have any ideas on job possibilities in the Louisville area for former teachers? I have worked 7 years as a special education teacher. I am considering a move to Louisville. (I was really impressed with the city when I visited this summer!) Along with the move I am thinking about a career change. Do you know of any companies that like to hire former teachers? (corporate, textbook companies, non-profits, etc.) Any ideas will be helpful!

Mindy
Great teachers are usually great sales people as you are always "selling" to your students.

You might check www.KFBJobs.com.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:39 PM

Thanks!

Old 04-18-2009, 04:37 AM

If I were to look for a teaching job (special education) and lived in say St. Matthews or the Highlands, what surrounding districts should I consider applying to?

Old 04-18-2009, 07:17 AM

Oldham is a great school district based on teacher attitudes. I would try the Catholic system too.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:14 AM

Thanks... Do you know of any organizations that provide services for children who have multiple disabilities. (that is the population I am certified to teach) I have searched a little online but thought I would ask too. Someone may know something that I haven't found. Thanks again.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:04 PM

The very best special needs program, and one of the best nationally, is JCPS. They simply have enough population to allow for more specialization. My former spouse is with JCPS Early Childhood and came from the Special Needs area. Churchill Park School is a good place to start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area