Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 10:56 PM

5 posts, read 14,831 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me their opinion of St. Matthews? I'm trying to find a rental there and want to know which streets would be a good choice. Or if anyone knows of a nice family friendly apartment, townhouse or duplex?
Also, I read that St. Matthews has a Farmer's Market, is it any good..worth stopping by every week for your produce?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 03:37 PM

822 posts, read 3,001,836 times
Hi, I'd re-post this under the Louisville forum. St. Matthews is wonderful - very well liked. I'm in Lexington, but I know that St. Matthews is very much admired. Anyhow, the Louisville experts will be able to tell you more

Old 09-22-2008, 04:40 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
I don't think there are any unsafe apartments in St Matthews at all.

You might be able to find slightly more affordable apartments either east of STM off LaGrange Road or to the west in Crescent Hill/ Clifton

Old 06-10-2009, 12:26 PM

5 posts, read 14,857 times
Have you checked out Mallard Crossing, Waterford apartments, and Cypress Pointe apartments? They are all in St. Matthews and pretty much all across from eachother. They have two small parks within walking distance, nearby batting cages and laser tag, and located very close to two malls, Kroger, the library, ect. Cypress is the cheaper of the three with Mallard being the most expensive. All three also have pools, tennis courts, basketball, ect. Good Luck!

Old 06-10-2009, 08:19 PM

58 posts, read 181,318 times
I'd definitely go with what EngagedToBeMrsB said about Mallard Crossing, Waterford and Cypress Pointe. In terms of location within St. Matthews they're along Bowling Blvd/Kresge Way between Breckinridge Ln and Shelbyville Rd. Age-wise Cypress Pointe and Waterford were both built in the early '80's (both have been renovated in the last few years), with Mallard Crossing being built in the early '90's. In addition to pools, clubhouses, tennis courts, etc Mallard and Waterford both have several small lakes and a creek runs through Mallard. A 2 bedroom apt would be in the $700's or 800's (depending on the complex).
In addition to these 3 complexes there's Jamestown of St. Matthews which is very nearby on Breckinridge Ln at Kresge Way across from Baptist Hospital East (actually some of the units are directly across the street from my house). The units are mostly 2 story townhouses and has the same amenities as the places listed above-however I've heard some negatives things about Jamestown so if you want more of a townhouse I'd be cautious with this place.
Regarding the farmer's market, its on Saturday mornings during the later spring and summer at Beargrass Christian Church on the corner of Shelbyville Rd and Browns Ln. Definitely worth a visit and is less than a 5 minute drive from the apt complexes I mentioned (just turn on Browns Ln off of Kresge and it takes you right up to Shelbyville Rd and the farmers market).

Old 06-10-2009, 08:31 PM

58 posts, read 181,318 times
To add to my previous post I'd recommend checking craigslist for rentals in the St. Matthews area...don't rule out renting a house and a decent amount are likely available along streets such as Warner, Grandview, Nanz, Dayton (largely 1940's-vintage cape cods; most are very neat and well-kept although many are nicer than others). Also quite a few older duplexes and 4-plexes in the "heart of St. Matthews" area just off Lexington Rd near its terminus at Shelbyville Rd-streets these would be on include Bauer, Macon, Wallace and Wiltshire. Also quite a few on Breckinridge Ln just south of its intersection with Shelbyville. Any place in this general area would be within walking distance of some great St. Matthews pubs/restaurants such as Gerstle's, Brendan's, Bluegrass Brewing Company, Saints and a few others; not to mention there's a nice new shopping area right there on Lexington Rd where the old Vogue Theater used to be with a great ice cream place (Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen). And of course Graeter's (on Breckinridge Ln at Willis Ave, just off Shelbyville) has their legendary French Pot ice cream
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area