Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 03:22 PM

14 posts, read 53,178 times

Advertisements

Just wondering why some people in Louisville are SOOOO rude and inconsiderate. I am from Louisville myself and have lived there for over 33 years, and recently relocated to Northern Kentucky for a career in the Greater Cincinnati area and have NEVER encountered anyone being rude to me in anyway for wearing a shirt they didn't agree with or for being a little on the heavy side, 6"2' 270 pounds, not skinny but not overweight by much. Well anyway my girlfriend, I and my daughter came down to the Chili-cook off hoping to show her a good time in the city I am from and my daughter still lives, we went up to the first booth and said could we sample your chili and they were in the process of making more and then as we walked away they mumbled we don't serve chili to "fat reds fans" because we were both wearing reds t-shirts. I am sure that they don't like the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area for some reason but I don't know why. I believe that Cincinnati considers Louisville one of the Sister Cities I believe. I am just trying to comprehend why people seem to be so rude in the Louisville area. Don't get me wrong I still like Louisville for what it has to over, but I am have been coming up here to visit and now for a job for over 1 year or longer and have worn several U of L shirts, Louisville shirts and never ever once have I ever been criticized or made the "pun" of a joke as a matter of fact I seen several several U of L t-shirts/sweatshirts in the Northern Kentucky are and in the Cincinnati area, have even seen several Louisville Cardinal plates up here. I just don't understand the bashing and the overall rudeness of some people. Once again not bashing all Louisville people since I am from there and have called in home till August 4th of this year. Just trying to understand if they want people to visit and enjoy the city, this isn't the way to do it. I know there are rude people everywhere but seemed to have encountered them more in the Louisville area not in the Southern Indiana area. Not meaning to make anyone mad just stating a opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 04:05 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Where was the cookoff? Are you sure those people were even from here?

Old 10-13-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Where was the cookoff? Are you sure those people were even from here?
The cook-off was at Phoenix Hill Tavern on Baxter Avenue and it was a local restaurant, haven't heard of them but the sign said they were from Louisville, Kentucky. I am not bashing Louisville at all because I still like the city that I am from, I just don't like being treated that way and that is not giving a good image of our city as friendly to her if we come down for a good time and comments were made like that.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:41 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Just because the restaurant is from Louisville doesn't mean that the people were At least I hope that is the case but unfortunately there are bad people everywhere.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Just because the restaurant is from Louisville doesn't mean that the people were At least I hope that is the case but unfortunately there are bad people everywhere.
I still love the city that I am from, I know that there are people like that everywhere and I try to avoid them at all cost, because I am very non-confrontational till I get pushed but words from people like that I just let it roll off my sleeve and that is it. So all in all I like my city I am from and my girlfriend does to. We went that night over to Jeffersonville, IN for the Industrial Nightmare and everyone there was nice and talkative and very open. It just depends on the person, some are nice some are not, it is the same way where I live now in Florence, KY. So no hard feelings or anything just one of those things.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:33 PM

72 posts, read 228,110 times
Judging the entire city by the comments of a select few is fairly closed minded. I was at the Chili cook off this weekend and everyone seemed to be having a good time. Perhaps you miss heard them, or they were commenting in jest and you took offense when you should have laughed?

Old 10-15-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellinggreaterlouisville View Post
Judging the entire city by the comments of a select few is fairly closed minded. I was at the Chili cook off this weekend and everyone seemed to be having a good time. Perhaps you miss heard them, or they were commenting in jest and you took offense when you should have laughed?

I did laugh at them and didn't take it to heart because I don't base my opinion on one thing based on others comments. I still like Louisville and proud to be from there and enjoy going back to visit.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:41 PM

72 posts, read 228,110 times
Do you by chance remember which chili you liked the most? I honestly did not vote, and I tried about 50 different ones, and I only DIDN'T like two of them. I figure that was almost like voting for everyone

Old 10-16-2008, 06:42 AM

37 posts, read 124,938 times
Most people I have came in connect with are Reds fans , I think thats one professional team that Louisville actually agrees on , and really any other fans of other teams would be consider bandwagon, unless they come from other areas. Also many vendors at festivals like that are from other cities , they could have been cubs fans from Chicago or cards. fans from St. Louis... By the way I wear a Reds hat all the time , and if any comments are made, it's in support...I worked in different restaurant through college , I hate to say this but the truth hurts, there are a lot of drugs in the restaurant business , and honestly if they were skinny there's a high chance they are users. off the subject if i were a police officer and need a to make a drug bust , i would raid some restaurants you will find something i promise...

Last edited by steelersfan; 10-16-2008 at 06:58 AM..

Old 05-26-2009, 08:49 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,803,014 times
Louisville does have a lot of rude, unfriendly and standoffish folks. I went to college there for 3.5 years--and went back to visit just tonight. Boy, do I have some stories...

It's without a doubt the most unfriendly place I've ever lived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area