Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 07:47 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,972,899 times

Advertisements

I am from Cincy and will be making the hour and half trek down to Louisville after work today for the HUGE football game tonite. I know the Cards have owned us recently, 9 out of the last 10 including 5 in a row (who can forget the 70-7 game), but this is UC's best team in years. Will you trip us up again in our quest for a Big East title? Who knows, but either way ill be there rooting on MY red and black!

G Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 08:07 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times
I like Cincy MUCH better as a city than The Ville.

However, I'm a UofL grad and a long-time Cardinals fan, so I gotta stick w/ the Cards. Even though this is UC's best program in years, L'ville will be in a hard-fought quest for the Big East title. I'm really pulling for us to win tonight.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:59 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,972,899 times
Great game but the boys from the Nati pulled it out tonite. Great game, good atmosphere and for the most part, the fans were good natured and inviting. There were a few bad apples but you will get that on the road anywhere, especially in football. All in all i loved the stadium and had a great time.

Go Cats!!

G Man

Old 11-18-2008, 12:31 PM

54 posts, read 231,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post
I like Cincy MUCH better as a city than The Ville.

However, I'm a UofL grad and a long-time Cardinals fan, so I gotta stick w/ the Cards. Even though this is UC's best program in years, L'ville will be in a hard-fought quest for the Big East title. I'm really pulling for us to win tonight.
jcm, you would claim to like Kabul, Afghanistan better than Louisville. Get over it.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:47 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
jcm, you would claim to like Kabul, Afghanistan better than Louisville. Get over it.
Thank you for perfectly demonstrating what I mean when Louisvillians aren't always kind to those from the outside, or in this case those who have criticized the city on some levels.

I would at least choose Louisville over Montgomery, AL or Muncie, IN, if that makes you feel any better.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:58 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
At this point Morehead State would be a big game for U of L. Klownthorpe talks about having to clean up the "mess" left by Petrino - what bigger mess could you leave someone than 80% of the players from an ORANGE BOWL team with guys like Brian Brohm, Mario Urrutia, Eric Wood, and Harry Douglass???

I never thought U of L's consequtive bowl record could be in jepordy playing in the Big East, which has a lot of decent teams but isn't anything near as tough as the Big 12 or SEC - of course I never thought there a person with less facial expressions than the Thinker statue

Here are some hillarious videos about Klownthorpe

YouTube - Fire Steve Kragthorpe Now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1UsPmuKBBA

Old 11-20-2008, 12:58 PM

54 posts, read 231,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post
Thank you for perfectly demonstrating what I mean when Louisvillians aren't always kind to those from the outside, or in this case those who have criticized the city on some levels.

I would at least choose Louisville over Montgomery, AL or Muncie, IN, if that makes you feel any better.
There is a HUGE difference in being cordial to someone "from the outside" and someone who bashes Louisville at any opportunity. I'm sorry you can't see that. My wife is "from the outside" and I was cordial enough to get her to marry me. In fact, I would say at least half of my friends in Louisville are "from the outside". However, they all have a pretty good disposition in life. Maybe people in Louisville are judged on their individual characteristics, like everywhere else in the world, and you were judged too harshly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: