U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2007, 07:49 PM

11 posts, read 30,150 times

Advertisements

Relocating from Texas to Kentucky and need to know everything. It's just me so schools and stuff don't really matter. Looking for apartment. Interested in downtown maybe Barrington Place. Anyone know anything about it? I also need a non-denominational, bible-based church any help will be helpful. Thanks and God Bless you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 05:55 AM

850 posts, read 3,014,450 times
There is a Church of Christ - close to downtown - heading south to the Watterson expressway (I-264). It's called the 'Expressway Church of Christ'.

Not too hard to find - I will get directions for you when you are closer to moving. Also - From downtown, you may take I-65, to the Gene Snyder Freeway, Preston Street(Hwy 61) exit south - Just down on the left - you will find the Okolona Christian Church. They have a web site - a google search will get you there.

In relation to where you may be living - use mapquest or google maps to start with OCC - and zoom out to see the traveling distance. From downtown - you should be able to reach it within 15 minutes or less. I am sure there are other churches in the direct downtown vicinity - however the only one that stands out in my mind this second is Walnut Street Baptist Church - obviously not non-denominational - but I know there are others.

The Barrington - my mother-in-law lived there not so many years ago when my husband and I had a business down on 4th street. She loved it. They have made many improvements, and her apartment was very secure, the people were wonderful, and she was within walking distance to the drugstore, grocery store, etc.

Security is to the point of signing in at the desk, the party must be contacted - or you can give them a list of people who may visit at the desk - and they are buzzed up from there - at least that is how it was just a year or so ago. The view was phenominal.

Good luck to you - and if you would like to pm me about other churches in the area, please do - I will dig as much info as I can.

Glad to have you! God Bless you in your search.

KimmieyKY

Old 03-07-2007, 11:49 AM

6,992 posts, read 15,127,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melacort View Post
Relocating from Texas to Kentucky and need to know everything. It's just me so schools and stuff don't really matter. Looking for apartment. Interested in downtown maybe Barrington Place. Anyone know anything about it? I also need a non-denominational, bible-based church any help will be helpful. Thanks and God Bless you.
Barington is great. For the price and the views, barrington is a steal. Rents will surely go up soon. The building was remodeled about 3 years ago and has mostly young professionals and students as residents, although I would say there are a few older people as well as a few middle aged couples. I live in another highrise a couple blocks away. Downtown is growing by leaps and bounds. It has great amenities, but at the same time, its just so chill. There is honestly never traffic except maybe a few minutes during rush hour. The east suburbs have far more traffic congestion. At barrington, u are located at an epicenter of 3 interstates which can get u anywhere fast. Downtown has lots of boutiques, bars, and great restuarants. There are awesome museum and arts as well. On the river, a 62 story skyscraper, new arena, and a host of condo towers are going in upriver. Downtown unfortunately lags a lot of major chain retail but that is ok. If you get on 65 north, there is an exit 7 minutes north of downtown in Indiana that has a mall, etc. But really, if ur like me, i doubt u will need that kind of stuff. However, since it is less developed on the Indiana side, u can usually get to "newer" suburb type stuff faster. with more poeple like you moving downtown, they wil lprobably open a major retail area/mall. But the rule of retail is, it follows roofs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: