U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2009, 06:45 PM

9 posts, read 22,895 times

Advertisements

Hello! My wife and I are looking to relocate to Louisville but I'm having a hard time finding biotech job postings.

Can anyone point me in a particular direction? Are there any biotech companies or other science companies in Louisville?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 03:35 PM

6,975 posts, read 15,103,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarthVader View Post
Hello! My wife and I are looking to relocate to Louisville but I'm having a hard time finding biotech job postings.

Can anyone point me in a particular direction? Are there any biotech companies or other science companies in Louisville?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide!!
Sorry....missed this post! Louisville is not a hotbed for biotech like parts of California or the NE corridor, but there are several very good companies. Louisville also has an excellent healthcare industry that is fast growing and has made many discoveries, including doing the first cadaveric hand transplant in the US, the first artifical heart, and the first vaccine against cervical cancer.

One company I believe is hiring is ApoImmune, Inc. | 1044 East Chestnut Street | Louisville, KY 40204 | 502-212-2493 | info@apoimmune.com { ProtEx, ApoVax, ApoVax104, Steven T. Downey, Haval Shirwan Ph.D., George Emont, Steve Gailar }

Contact them. If they are not hiring, ask them if they know local companies who are. Also, you may want to contact UofL. They have plans to start developing a biotech research park called Nucleus which will eventually employ 8,000 people.

http://www.nucleusky.com/

Old 06-04-2009, 07:02 PM

9 posts, read 22,895 times
Self-serving bump in case anyone else knows of any other scientific companies.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,607 times
Follow up:

I'm in a similar situation, looking for biotech / research companies in Louisville due to an upcoming relocation there. What did you find out? Does anyone else have suggestions??

Thanks in advance for any help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area