U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 05:41 PM

7 posts, read 15,268 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could inform me of where to find good paying, part time work here in Louisville. I am looking for something that pays $10 per hour or more. I am looking for about 9-10 hours per week in the evening. Perhaps 3 hours per night 3 nights per week. I am trying to find something that will blend nicely with a full time job I have now.

I am a college graduate with a BA degree. My job history includes a variety of positions including 8 years of management experience (mostly in the service industry). I underwent a career change about 18 months ago and am working as a Certified Pharmacy Technician. I'm hoping to find something relatively soon.

Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 05:45 PM

5,764 posts, read 6,433,919 times
Default Search sites

There is www.careerbuilder.com lets you pick part time jobs as a search option.

Have you tried www.louisvillehelpwanted.com ?

Old 04-06-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
There is www.careerbuilder.com lets you pick part time jobs as a search option.

Have you tried www.louisvillehelpwanted.com ?

johnsonkk, thank you.

I have explored careerbuilder and I do check it often. I am aiming to see if there is anything not publicized on a site like that. I have also tried louisvillehelpwanted.com and will give it another chance, but did not have much luck in finding a lot of options.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 PM

4,825 posts, read 13,725,106 times
Don't laugh, but... Become The Ultimate Agent - RE/MAX 365 Keeps You On The Top It just might be something worth your consideration.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Don't laugh, but... Become The Ultimate Agent - RE/MAX 365 Keeps You On The Top It just might be something worth your consideration.
Hi Tom,
I'm not laughing. I have been intrigued by the real estate market, but was always under the impression that real estate was something that required full time hours. Is it possible to start part time in the industry?

Old 04-07-2009, 06:59 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,098,524 times
don't laugh, but have you thought about Wal-Mart? pays about $9.50-$10/hr (at least they pay my mom $10/hr, and she just got a part time evening job with them....so far she's loving it!) It's just an option......

I used to work for Wal-Mart, and found that while it's not ideal, they will work with you on scheduling, you get an employee discount (10%, but it's better than nothing....although they may have done away with that for part timers......I'll have to ask Mom.), and if you go full time (30+ hrs/wk) they offer a benefits package. The work isn't hard--I've worked practically every department at some point or other--and it's a pretty relaxed atmosphere.

But then, I'm a pretty relaxed kind of gal.....not much fazes me.

The draw backs depend on which location you work at. I never had any dramas with them at all, and now because of that I am a religious Wal-Mart shopper whenever I'm home on holiday!

Old 04-07-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxtek View Post
Hi Tom,
I'm not laughing. I have been intrigued by the real estate market, but was always under the impression that real estate was something that required full time hours. Is it possible to start part time in the industry?
You are correct about the full time to professional success. I will assure you however that most any qualified individual who can make the cash investment to get licensed, join the MLS, etc, will achieve more income from their real estate activity than any other part-time job. More simply put, work 20 hours a week part-time you'll get about 150-200 max less taxes. Discipline yourself to work the same 20 hours every week in real estate, you can earn 25-50k per year (of course, less your taxes and business costs such as paper, fees, mailings and technology)

I have always used 10,000 hours (40hrs X 50 weeks=2000X5yrs equals professional success) As a part-timer, it may take 12,000 total hours.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:42 PM

tigerlilly, I'm not laughing at your suggestion either. I honestly had never considered Wal-Mart, but you do point out benefits that make it worth further investigation.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:46 PM

Tom,
I will have to take a deeper look into your suggestion. I can tell you that I never thought Real Estate was something a person could take on as a part-time profession. My main concern is the current economy and housing trends. As an insider, do you foresee a rebound in the market? Or, perhaps I am just assuming our local market is struggling as much as other markets around the country???

Old 04-08-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxtek View Post
Tom,
I will have to take a deeper look into your suggestion. I can tell you that I never thought Real Estate was something a person could take on as a part-time profession. My main concern is the current economy and housing trends. As an insider, do you foresee a rebound in the market? Or, perhaps I am just assuming our local market is struggling as much as other markets around the country???
I am certain the market will return. I would be happy to discuss the opportunities, costs, etc with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area