Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 12:40 AM

257 posts, read 881,318 times

Advertisements

i do agree with the posters that downtown is VERY up and coming. with the opening of the new arena and the continued expansion of the 4th street live complex (which will bring more retail to the downtown area and a brand new cinemaplex), downtown louisville is only getting better. i can't wait to get down there myself! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 AM

69 posts, read 203,301 times
Same here! I am in my 50s and am planning on moving there from Michigan (you know, the state that is barely on life support?). Anyway, I am planning on renting myself. Right now, I am applying for a couple of positions down there (legal), so wish me luck. I see many reasonable areas to rent a home, as long as it has air conditioning and accepts my dog!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:02 AM

17 posts, read 49,630 times
Too bad there is not a quota like JCPS's on the way conservatives and liberals are distributed.We have far too many liberals concentrated in the Highlands and not enough in the suburbs.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:31 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,310,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by draw1fly View Post
Too bad there is not a quota like JCPS's on the way conservatives and liberals are distributed.We have far too many liberals concentrated in the Highlands and not enough in the suburbs.
It's designed that way. We don't want liberals upsetting our peaceful lifestyles.

Actually, I enjoy people of every political faith living near my home. Why? Because when driving down the road, I usually notice a ditch on either side of the road. Steer too far either way, and the ditch will stop progress.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:38 PM

10 posts, read 24,421 times
Tomocox,
Do I detect a hint of moderation in your tone? I haven't been on this site too long, but from my brief encounters with your posts, you seem to be a ditch digger rather than someone wary of falling into one of those extreme abysses that both parties have been wallowing in for the past few years.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:57 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,310,863 times
I have never been a fanatic either way. I have always sought common sense solutions.

However, I am an in the ditch fanatic on one issue. I HATE TAXATION!! I guarantee that the downtown mess being created by the mayor for life will have consequences never recoverable. In another thread a moderator of this forum blames the dirth of cities on the sprawlers. Yet, $340,000,000 for an ill-conceived arena that will never return a profit and therefore even with extreme ticket prices must be supplemented by tax payers. Those tax dollars going into rich cronies of the administrations' pockets rather than to educate and train people how to fish for the rest of their lives.

Go ahead blame it on us. We escaped the kind of stuff pulled by JCPS and the mayor for life.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:56 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by draw1fly View Post
I am happy with them where they are

Old 05-20-2009, 12:30 PM

39 posts, read 65,688 times
i lived in louisville most my life (i'm 38). now my wife and i live in raleigh, nc and are so glad we made the move. louisville is ok, but its far from the beach, its somewhat provincial, doesnt attract enough newcomers, and not enough of the population is college-educated.

i would seriously look at raleigh, cary, chapel hill. message me if you need more info (i'm not an agent).

Old 05-21-2009, 04:03 PM

58 posts, read 181,350 times
A place worth checking out is Clifton Lofts on Frankfort Ave (near where that road crosses the railroad tracks and the blind school), these are pretty much brand new Clifton Lofts :: Louisville, KY :: Frankfort Avenue :: - A Clark Development Group Project
There are several new or under construction developments downtown, particularly along East Main Street by Louisville Slugger Field and I-65.
Here are a few:
Waterfront Park Place (best view of river in Louisville! 22 story tower)
Preston Pointe (NW corner of Main and Preston across from Slugger Field, the building with the distinctive pointy roof)
Park Place Lofts (SE corner Main and Preston across from Slugger Field)
If you prefer more historical buildings there are quite a few choices, a notable one being the Levy Building at 2nd and Market (1st and 2nd floor is the Old Spaghetti Factory)
I'm not sure how many of these places will allow you to rent rather than buy however.
Here's a website that I recommend: LDMD - Living Downtown - Louisville, KY (http://www.ldmd.org/living-downtown/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area