U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
 
2 posts, read 3,837 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Im planning on relocating to KY in the next 1-2 mths. Im a hairdresser and was wondering if anyone could offer me some info on nice upscale salons in the louisville area that may be worth checking out. Also wondering if there are any nice restaurants or bars that I could also try looking for bartending in louisville. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-01-2009, 10:38 AM
 
69 posts, read 193,081 times
Reputation: 39
Good luck to you Cavcoupe! I just moved here last week from Michigan. I wish you all the best.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2009, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Louisville KY Metro area
4,825 posts, read 13,627,756 times
Reputation: 2145
As a professional bald man, I know all the upscale salons, don't ya know. One of the most notable salons that I can refer you to is Z's on Shelbyville Rd (40223). My wife, the HR Director, can give you a long list. She loves her stylist but ya know, I've never wondered about a job there.

Bottom line, the women I know will go where the best stylists are, with or without scale. If you are good, you will not have many days of empty chairs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2009, 04:45 PM
 
2 posts, read 3,837 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
As a professional bald man, I know all the upscale salons, don't ya know. One of the most notable salons that I can refer you to is Z's on Shelbyville Rd (40223). My wife, the HR Director, can give you a long list. She loves her stylist but ya know, I've never wondered about a job there.

Bottom line, the women I know will go where the best stylists are, with or without scale. If you are good, you will not have many days of empty chairs.
Thanks for the advice. Z's looks very promising, I will definitely look into that. But if your wife could give me that "list" that would be great. Thanks again!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2009, 10:34 PM
 
Location: Kentucky
666 posts, read 2,401,933 times
Reputation: 277
Omagi Salon in The Summit is very nice, as well as Diva in Crestwood, I haven't been but the women I know who go to those always talk about how much they like them. They are both Aveda Salons, but I'm not exactly sure what that means, I guess they only use the Aveda brand?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2009, 12:52 AM
 
7,021 posts, read 15,382,979 times
Reputation: 3463
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavcoupe View Post
Thanks for the advice. Z's looks very promising, I will definitely look into that. But if your wife could give me that "list" that would be great. Thanks again!
The top rated salon is actually Joseph's in St Matthews. Z's actually has 3 locations...they are all very popular. I can also recommend Bennie and Friends and Ulta.

The Highlands has tons of great shops. Contact the Hair Design School of Louisville to network for jobs. And the flood from Michigan to KY continues. I am living in "socialist" Florida right now and I may come back to either Louisville or move to Austin, TX if my job allows.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Kentucky
6,749 posts, read 21,046,471 times
Reputation: 2169
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
The top rated salon is actually Joseph's in St Matthews. Z's actually has 3 locations...they are all very popular. I can also recommend Bennie and Friends and Ulta.

The Highlands has tons of great shops. Contact the Hair Design School of Louisville to network for jobs. And the flood from Michigan to KY continues. I am living in "socialist" Florida right now and I may come back to either Louisville or move to Austin, TX if my job allows.
STX how's the weather down there?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
25,881 posts, read 38,058,414 times
Reputation: 37899
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post

The Highlands has tons of great shops. Contact the Hair Design School of Louisville to network for jobs. And the flood from Michigan to KY continues. I am living in "socialist" Florida right now and I may come back to either Louisville or move to Austin, TX if my job allows.
"Socialist" Florida? This i gotta hear.

Dont forget Kentucky you also get a flood from VA and MD eventually.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
 
69 posts, read 193,081 times
Reputation: 39
"Socialist" Florida---now that's funny.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2011, 07:18 AM
 
4 posts, read 4,091 times
Reputation: 10
I own a salon I jtown called running with scissors! U can chech it out on facebook...running with scissors inc. If intrested call me jennifer steier salon # 502 409 5465
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top