Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:32 AM

69 posts, read 203,284 times

Advertisements

Well, I sure like it here!

There may not be a huge mega-mall right here on Dixie Highway (I'm perfectly okay with that), but there are plenty of large strip malls. It seems to me that if you can stand the traffic (LOL), there's just about everything you need right on Dixie Highway. I always seem to just miss the traffic lights, though, so I have to sit there for what feels like forever---LOL.

When I moved here over a week ago, I found the Starbucks right down the road, and told the young man at the counter, "Bless you, my son!"

So, I'm perfectly satisfied right here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 04:54 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,159,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honesty1022 View Post
Well, I sure like it here!

There may not be a huge mega-mall right here on Dixie Highway (I'm perfectly okay with that), but there are plenty of large strip malls. It seems to me that if you can stand the traffic (LOL), there's just about everything you need right on Dixie Highway. I always seem to just miss the traffic lights, though, so I have to sit there for what feels like forever---LOL.

When I moved here over a week ago, I found the Starbucks right down the road, and told the young man at the counter, "Bless you, my son!"

So, I'm perfectly satisfied right here!
Would that be the Starbucks at Dixie Manor? I'll be hitting that in October--can't wait! I don't have access to Starbucks where I'm at right now hehe

I rarely had to go outside the Southwest/South end to buy anything. Even when I go home, I only venture out of "my stomping ground" to meet up with friends and relatives, or showing someone around (hubby). The only time I go to any BIG Malls are if friends and I are meeting for lunch and window shopping. Mostly we just walk around, ogling things we don't necessarily want, and gossip.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:59 AM

That's the Starbucks I'm talking about! Hooray! It was like a lighthouse on rough seas for me---LOL.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:41 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,159,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honesty1022 View Post
That's the Starbucks I'm talking about! Hooray! It was like a lighthouse on rough seas for me---LOL.
I'm hearing ya! Mind you, they installed that after I'd moved overseas, so I didn't know about it until I came back for the first home-visit. I was there once a day.....sometimes twice! (Hey, it was cold out! )

Who knows, yoiu and I might just meet up there one day without even realising it! I'll be the one with the really weird Kentuckianaustralian accent.

Cheers!

Old 06-09-2009, 02:21 PM

Cool! I'll be "listening" for you!

Old 06-10-2009, 12:15 PM

5 posts, read 14,860 times
I lived on the south side of Louisville, in Okolona. I was living at Preston highway/Mud Lane in a newer apartment complex. At the time I enjoyed living in that area although I have to mention to make certain not to consider living at those apartments...its an aweful place to live. The Okolona area for me was nice but not great. I enjoy going for walks or long runs and there just wasnt anywhere to do something like that nearby. I also wasnt as close to family-type activities as I would have liked to be and the schools were so-so in that area. I felt safe during the day but was advised multiple times not to walk alone to grocery stores, ect at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area