U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 06:36 AM

3 posts, read 9,429 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about Jamestown of St. Matthews apartments?

They seem wonderful when we visited but they have bad reviews. Are there just a lot of negative people there or should we avoid the complex?

We were also looking at Stone Mill Village Apartments as a second option

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 02:06 PM

666 posts, read 2,411,931 times
I also have not heard good things about Jamestown

Old 05-28-2009, 03:33 PM

7,021 posts, read 15,498,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollypopbbc View Post
Does anyone know anything about Jamestown of St. Matthews apartments?

They seem wonderful when we visited but they have bad reviews. Are there just a lot of negative people there or should we avoid the complex?

We were also looking at Stone Mill Village Apartments as a second option

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
If you MUST choose suburban apartment complexes, Waterford Place and Mallard Crossing are less than a mile from Jamestown and infinitely nicer. I would personally choose Waterford in that area, and their grounds and amenity package are amazing. Their pool and jacuzzi area surrounded by the little streams reminds me of being in a beach town.

That said, why dont you search craigslist for a rental condo or home owned by a single landlord? I usually hate these large, corporate owned apartment complexes.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:32 AM

58 posts, read 172,098 times
Actually I live right across the street from Jamestown. The units themselves are nice and most were renovated within the last few years; they're mostly 2 story colonial-style townhomes built in the late '60's. The grounds seem well-kept and nicely landscaped as well. However over the years the quality of tenants there has seemed to deteriorate somewhat and the units that are on my street (the garden apartments) haven't been updated like the rest and seem somewhat "dumpy." Not to mention like mdawg stated most of what I've heard about Jamestown seems negative, namely poor management. The place isn't really a dump or "ghetto," its just that there are better choices.
If you must live in a large suburban complex then as stx stated I'd go with Waterford Place, Cypress Pointe or Mallard Crossing which are also off Breckenridge along Kresge Way/Bowling Blvd (the road that runs by Baptist East Hospital). Any of these would be a fine choice, with Waterford and Mallard being the nicer two. They both have very nice grounds and units (both have a nice lake area and a creek runs through part of Mallard) and are right across from Brown Park, a nice wooded park with several walking trails; not to mention they're 3-5 minutes from Mall St. Matthews. If age matters Waterford and Cypress were built in the early '80's, Mallard in the early '90's.
I'm not as familiar with Stone Mill Village but I do know that its off Westport Rd in Lyndon, which is overall a good area and the complex seems nice-I'd probably pick it over Jamestown.
http://www.mallardcrossingapartments.com/MALLARDCROSSINGAPARTMENTSKY/index.aspx (broken link)

Last edited by gocards1289; 05-30-2009 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 06-08-2009, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 6,460 times
My fiance lives there and he got his laundry stolen. A lot of cars have been broken into around there lately. Maintenance is awful. However, the side with the larger apartments is much nicer than the side with the 3-story buildings.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:25 PM

4 posts, read 13,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
If you MUST choose suburban apartment complexes, Waterford Place and Mallard Crossing are less than a mile from Jamestown and infinitely nicer. I would personally choose Waterford in that area, and their grounds and amenity package are amazing. Their pool and jacuzzi area surrounded by the little streams reminds me of being in a beach town.

That said, why dont you search craigslist for a rental condo or home owned by a single landlord? I usually hate these large, corporate owned apartment complexes.
Waterford is nice, but overpriced. In addition, it can take a significant amount of time to get anything done. We had a leaky window in the bedroom for several weeks that was "fixed" several times before I actually had to physically show the complex manager where the leak was. By that time the carpet and baseboard were starting to get moldy.

Once they got around to fixing it, everything was fine and they treated the room for mold as well.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 5,387 times
Jamestown Apartments where nice until they needed maint. done o the apartment and the bathroom ceiling caved in and the apartment was filled with mold where you could not stay in your apartment. Also when the a/c went out and the sent someone to look at it once I got home there was a window air condition unit that maint had put in that was not secure at all where someone could have just raised the window while you where not home home and broken into to your apartment. And they are terrible about given you credit

Old 06-24-2010, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 5,192 times
All I can say is "Don't move here"! The Maintenance is absolutely the worse I have ever witnessed. And the office folks don't seem to follow-up on anything!! I am so disappointed and not even sure how to get out of my lease, goodness knows I have plenty of reasons, seems like my lease has already been voided on their part but I do not want this to go negative onto my credit. If anyone has any suggestions, please help!! Also the pool has never opened for the summer and the gym has been closed for 6 weeks now, really sad and disappointed.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:48 AM

63 posts, read 161,594 times
I have had multiple friends that lived in Stone Mill Village, and they were all pretty satisfied there. A few years ago when we suffered flooding (2006 i think?) a lot of the first floor units in that complex suffered water damage and the complex put those tenants up at the Drury Inn (not the tops, but pretty nice hotel) until their apartment had been fixed. A setback there is that the units don't come w/ wash.dryer, but they do have the hookups if you want install your own.If not, their is one (maybe two) laundry rooms in the complex. One problem that anyone can tell you (and it affects most apartment complexes) is parking.I was visiting a friend there and my car got towed b/c i was in a fire lane b/c all the "visitors" spaces were full, as well as tenants spaces. Overall though, Stone Mill Village would be a good place to live, and it is very conveinant to I-264 (Watterson Xpwy), especially with the new on/off ramp on Westport rd.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,846 times
I lived in the Jamestown of St. Matthews apts until I lost my job on 4/20/09 & told them I wouldn't be renewing my lease. My lease was up on 5/3/09. They kept trying to say Iowed over $2,000.00 for breaking my lease & not giving 2 mths notice. They turned me over to collections a month after I left because I told them I didn't owe that much because I did not break my lease, I just didn't give 2 mths notice. So that meant I was only liable for the 2 mths rent or the pro-rated amount if the Apt was rented within the 2 months. They finally acknowledged I did not break my lease so they said I owed them 2 mths rent. Of course what they didn't tell me was they had rented my old apt 16 days afterI left and they were still trying to make me pay the full 2 mths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>