U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 01:41 PM

98 posts, read 261,963 times

Advertisements

I have kids,I need a home to rent I looked online to see on the news enterprise there was nothing really. we want the Etown school district and the town. We just need to rent a 4 br 3 at the least until our house sells here in metro chicago than we will buy the rental,or buy a home in Elizabethtown. Anybody that could help us we dont know what to do our home is about to get rented out soon even though we own it,we just don't like the area. we can't come there with no where to stay you know?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 06:39 PM

26,004 posts, read 38,403,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw79 View Post
I have kids,I need a home to rent I looked online to see on the news enterprise there was nothing really. we want the Etown school district and the town. We just need to rent a 4 br 3 at the least until our house sells here in metro chicago than we will buy the rental,or buy a home in Elizabethtown. Anybody that could help us we dont know what to do our home is about to get rented out soon even though we own it,we just don't like the area. we can't come there with no where to stay you know?
I think your best option would be to drive down to Elizabethtown and search for rentals.

We are BRACcies to E-Town and having the same frustration. The biggest source of rentals we have is only open to military or Govt employees.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:49 PM

What you mean braccies?? Im just trying to find a rental somewhee to live? I thhought there be a few to pick from?

Old 06-13-2009, 02:36 AM

7,021 posts, read 15,515,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw79 View Post
What you mean braccies?? Im just trying to find a rental somewhee to live? I thhought there be a few to pick from?
Not much. Just curious...why Etown? It is a nice town and all, but being from Chicago, it may not be the suburb type lifestyle you may want.

You stated in an earlier post that Etown was 30 minutes to Louisville. Well, that is not the case at all. If you speed, you can make it in 40-45 minutes. During, rush hour, the commute can be over an hour to downtown Louisville. Downtown Louisville to Etown is further than downtown Chicago to Aurora, but since Louisville metro is about 1/7th the size of Chicago metro, there is a lot of country between Louisville's immediate south suburbs like Shepherdsville, and Etown.

That said, Etown is certainly worth checking out, and these are beautiful spanking 3 bedroom new rentals in a nice area for cheaper than a studio apartment in downtown Chicago:

http://www.apartmentfinder.com/detai...F|FP25A|227635

If you do enjoy the exurban lifestyle, I would suggest looking at Louisville's Northeast suburbs and exurbs, like La Grange. This is a very quaint, small town, although the county is much more affluent than Etown's county with a better school system. It is also closer to the culture and shopping of Louisville.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:13 AM

34 posts, read 137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
The biggest source of rentals we have is only open to military or Govt employees.
I'm just wondering, what are you referring to? I'm not aware of any private rentals in E-town limited to only military and civilian workers. This wouldn't be right.

As far as finding a place to stay, outlaw79 you really need to come down here. There isn't much to find online, but there are plenty of places for rent in your price range, that meet your needs. You may have to contact a Realtor and see if they have rentals and you can always contact the Fort Knox Housing Service Office too. You can contact them at 502-624-3548/5824, fax 502-624-4089.
Good Luck

Old 06-13-2009, 11:46 AM

26,004 posts, read 38,403,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinheitsgebot View Post
I'm just wondering, what are you referring to? I'm not aware of any private rentals in E-town limited to only military and civilian workers. This wouldn't be right.

As far as finding a place to stay, outlaw79 you really need to come down here. There isn't much to find online, but there are plenty of places for rent in your price range, that meet your needs. You may have to contact a Realtor and see if they have rentals and you can always contact the Fort Knox Housing Service Office too. You can contact them at 502-624-3548/5824, fax 502-624-4089.
Good Luck
Actually, i was referring to a private rental service website called ahrn.com. I said they were only open to military/govt employees because that is one of the requirements on the site.

Outlaw, BRACcie means someone who is relocating due to BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure). We're being relocated from Northern VA. Some are also coming from Indianapolis and St. Louis. Stx12499 is right about the hour commute to Downtown Louisville from E-town, mind you that is mostly mileage as opposed to traffic such as Chicago or Northern VA. The 30 mintues you were referring to would take you from E-town to the Pleasure Ridge Park and Southwestern areas of Louisville.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:09 PM

Ok when I went to elizabethtown to get married people were nice it seemed big,yet small the ride wasnt horrible to louisville or chicago. What I dont like is maybe that it might be to small and country where people grew up toghter and look at me as a somebody from the north and not be nice. I had this already happen an hour south of Chicago out by Bradley area a town by there I wont mention. In short Etown just kinda pulled us in I have another post maybe i should look at lville to.. I need 4br at 155 k I know thats hard to find,and if mine dont sell than I need a rental. Thats why I come here advice I guess

Old 06-14-2009, 09:13 AM

5,765 posts, read 6,375,809 times
Default Different thread?

Have you checked this thread?

//www.city-data.com/forum/louis...en-i-have.html

Old 06-15-2009, 02:32 AM

Thats for military you have to register and stuff im not in the military there has to be a way to find rentals.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:21 AM

34 posts, read 137,614 times
Did you ever run across the Rent in Radcliff website? Also, try
Executive Group Property Management too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>