Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 08:13 AM

4 posts, read 11,480 times

Advertisements

What are the winters like in Louisville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 09:33 AM

Location: Apex, North Carolina [Shepherds Vineyard Subdivision]
269 posts, read 1,156,512 times
Thumbs up Louisville or Lexington?

Boy that's a tough one. There is so much beauty around both. You mentioned Oldham County, now that area is spectacular with the best public school system in KY. If you curious about the look of the area go to my pictures posted on Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing (http://www.flickr.com - broken link) and just type in Oldham County, Kentucky, I am the "wandering photo nut", I have posted a whole set of KY pictures on there. I have now been twice in the last 6 mths to KY to first time to investigate N.KY near Union & Florence, and also to see Lexington. The second time to re-investigate Lexington and then go up to the Louisville area to especially check out Oldham county. Can I say "Wow" one more time.

I could and did drive for hours on end just saying that. Now one person mentioned the size and traffic problems of Louisville, I actually found that to be the opposite. The highways compared to here in So Cal seem to flow decent even during high traffic times, but of course there are lots of beautiful scenic byways to take too if you want to mix it up. Twice I got stuck in "LA" like traffic in the Lexington area. Once when everyone was going home and I was down by the Nicholasville area with a small one lane road that everyone attempts to use to get home [probably no choice in the matter], and the second time, in that Highway that circles the entire Lexington area "uggh", sat on that one for a extra hour to long, felt like I was back home here on the 405 freeway. No thanks.

We have found housing prices to actually be very similar between the two, depending on where you look of course. If you go to the outer nice suburbs they are always pricey, but of course the farther you go out, the lower the price. Don't think that Oldham County is "too far" from Louisville, once you go there like STX mentions, it literally would only take you probably 15 minutes from Crestwood or Prospect, and obviously if you go out as far as La Grange you are probably talking 25+ minutes. Still reasonable in my opinion to live in such a beautiful area yet still be close to the "big city".

I agree with you, Louisville would be my pick now after seeing both, but I still am very impressed with both. Lexington is just so clean!! Good luck on your choice. You will love it! I did.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:34 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,744,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougcain View Post
What are the winters like in Louisville?
Check stats at weather.com. It doesn't get too bad and when it gets cold, it usually doesn't stay cold. Today it is in the 30's, but mid 60's are expected for the weekend.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,954 times
Help !! :-) Horses! One of the main reasons why i'll be coming. I'm going to visit New Haven, so I'll be flying to Louisville first. Are there any Horse ranches one can visit in Louisville, because it seems that the most popular ones are situated in Lexington? I wont be hiring a car. What kind of transport will I'll be looking at getting from Louisville to Lexington for a day's visit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area