Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-17-2009, 04:30 AM
 
36 posts, read 201,481 times
Reputation: 34

Advertisements

If Louisville is such a great place then why do so many people leave to pursue better opportunities elsewhere. Its almost like an epidemic that people leave here to find jobs elsewhere. Oh, thats because the jobs don't exist in Louisville or Kentucky to start with. You probably haven't lived in Louisville Metro area like I have for about 10 years and I've seen what some of these others are talking about. Just because you can't deal with reality, see my above post doesn't mean that Louisville is the end all be all. Your issue with my comments is because what I say is attacking the idea that you have of Louisville being a great city. Its not and the reason why it is not is because of the culture and society that exists in Louisville. I've did my tour, got the T shirt, and warning other people that they need to think twice about the Louisville area especially when it comes to jobs and common sense economics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-17-2009, 08:53 AM
 
6,367 posts, read 16,792,099 times
Reputation: 5934
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelsmiley75 View Post
If Louisville is such a great place then why do so many people leave to pursue better opportunities elsewhere. Its almost like an epidemic that people leave here to find jobs elsewhere. Oh, thats because the jobs don't exist in Louisville or Kentucky to start with. You probably haven't lived in Louisville Metro area like I have for about 10 years and I've seen what some of these others are talking about. Just because you can't deal with reality, see my above post doesn't mean that Louisville is the end all be all. Your issue with my comments is because what I say is attacking the idea that you have of Louisville being a great city. Its not and the reason why it is not is because of the culture and society that exists in Louisville. I've did my tour, got the T shirt, and warning other people that they need to think twice about the Louisville area especially when it comes to jobs and common sense economics.
Blah, blah, blah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 10:03 PM
 
236 posts, read 550,310 times
Reputation: 157
I lived in Kentucky and have since moved. I will be purchasing a home where I live now. Kentucky is not progressive at all. I am not a troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I don't believe her. She probably never has lived in KY - the things she says are not plausible, logical or true....troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 10:11 PM
 
236 posts, read 550,310 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Princess - I had to laugh at your post. We have lived here one year - moved from Southern California and I disagree completely with nearly everything you have stated. The only thing I can come up with to explain your experiences is that you lived in one of the few bad areas of town, never ate at one of the many wonderful restaurants and somehow never associated yourself with the many educated, politically savy people that are in abundance in this area. Our experience has been the opposite of yours....I wonder why the sour grapes?
Never lived in one of the bad areas of Kentucky. Ignorance is bliss in Kentucy. Come out of the dark ages. The entire state is backwards. Young people become educated and leave. Kentucky loses residents everyday. Take a real look around you. Your state could use alot of improvement. Just like the icon you people need to use your brain and not your mouths so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 10:15 PM
 
236 posts, read 550,310 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatesWinter2118 View Post
I am very curious as to where Princess lived.
East Louisville. I chose not to live in the bad areas or shall I say the run down and crime infested areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 10:22 PM
 
236 posts, read 550,310 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Here is another post of hers on another thread: I moved from California and never made the state psychedelic. That is very negative to say outsiders will change a state. What you should do is welcome outsiders. God knows Kentucky can use the cash. I went to a doctor when I live in Kentucky. He was also negative against outsiders. Told me "why did you move here." He said "We donot want California people here." Claimed we did alot of partying. This was totally untrue. It was also ignorant of this doctor to say. Maybe that is why Kentucky is so backwards. The people are just not progressive thinkers. I never went back to see this doctor. I was definitely not going to allow him to give me a pap smear.

Hmmmmm..... seems like everyone is out to get this poor woman here in Kentucky

Lady, no one is out to get me. That shows you people do not use your brain. Some of the people were very helpful. Some just seemed stupid. I am kind and respectful to all. The school was even helpful in giving me information to transfer my daughter. I am just saying Kentucky is not the place to be. It is backwards and not progressive. Please, think before you post. When the economy rebounds fully. Kentucky will be the last to recover. Take a look around and see it for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 10:31 PM
 
236 posts, read 550,310 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Off her meds maybe?
No meds. Just a realistic thinker. I tell it as I see it. Never makeup anything. When I was there I never let people put down Kentucky residents. Many said you all did not have teeth and were barefooted. I stopped them right away. I did say the state was behind the times. No harm meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2010, 12:20 AM
 
27 posts, read 47,173 times
Reputation: 16
Based on your interests, a nice house in the Highlands is the obvious choice...politically, neighborhood, trees, great selection of restaurants, etc. Don't be pulled out to the East End. Trust me...the Highlands is what you're looking for. I would suggest spending time in Louisville and Austin to see which you prefer. Either way, winters are bound to be better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2010, 10:11 PM
 
25 posts, read 70,354 times
Reputation: 32
"ABOUT US: We’re both liberal Democrats."

Keep on moving then. A majority of Kentucky residents have no interest in having a bunch of Chicago Liberals moving here and running this place into the ground. Kentucky is conservative and a very enjoyable place to live because of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2010, 10:22 PM
 
27 posts, read 47,173 times
Reputation: 16
Louisville is very conservative, yes, (even the Democrats are mostly conservative Blue Dogs) but the best thing for the city is liberals to move things away from how it has been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:08 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top