U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2007, 12:14 PM

76 posts, read 350,967 times

Advertisements

Lie I have said, we plan to live in Oldham County and work in Louisville. Does anyone know of any good daycare and the approxiamte price range per week or month? My son will be 2 1/2 when we move. Thanks so much for all of your help!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 12:43 PM

7,021 posts, read 15,207,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ler0719 View Post
Lie I have said, we plan to live in Oldham County and work in Louisville. Does anyone know of any good daycare and the approxiamte price range per week or month? My son will be 2 1/2 when we move. Thanks so much for all of your help!!
You have just described a massive geographical area. If you live in Oldham County some parts of Louisville could be an hour away. Can you be specific as to where you will live???

Old 04-26-2007, 07:44 AM

76 posts, read 350,967 times
Well, we really like the Crestwood section. We will be coming down in May to visit. Sorry, i forgot it was such a big county and all.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:35 AM

25 posts, read 172,431 times
My son attends The Kids Academy on Shelbyville Rd. He is four now and has been there since he was about 9 months old. It is an excellent daycare/preschool.

It is easily accessible from I-265. I think it costs about 160.00 per week. They have a lot of extra curicular activites like Tumble Bus, Magic shows, and computer classes to keep the kids learning. He looks forward to going instead of dreading it!

Great staff with a good kid to adult ratio. We frequently spend time with some of them outside of daycare taking our kids to movies, Chuck E. Cheese, etc.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:57 PM

7,021 posts, read 15,207,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ler0719 View Post
Well, we really like the Crestwood section. We will be coming down in May to visit. Sorry, i forgot it was such a big county and all.
I will have to defer to people with kids on this one. I will tell you that it is my guess that there a few of them in Oldham, but a lot more in the east side of Jefferson County (on places like Shelbyville Road, or KY 22, or KY 146, etc). The reason is Jefferson has a much higher population density on its east end than does the area around Crestwood. Without rush hour, Crestwood is generally 20 minutes to downtown and maybe slightly longer to the airport. Getting to secluded areas much further from interstates will take you longer, and getting to SW suburbs like Valley Station could take an hour. Traffic is usually not bad in Louisville, only around 8 AM and 5 PM in what is known as "Spaghetti Junction" downtown. Some exurban roads in suburbs like Crestwood have traffic because they are not big enough to accomodate all the growth.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,914 times
Not for certain if you still need child care assistance but I have a 5 year old that grew up at the Learning Bee child care which is located in Pewee Valley. This location is on the Oldham and Jefferson County line and is easy access to the Gene Snyder and Interstate. She graduated from there this year and she is now attending a private school in the area. They offer before and after school child care as well as the summer option. If your child will be attending a school later in the Oldham County area they offer a bus which picks up your child at school and brings him/her back to the day care until the parents arrive. Prices for all ages of children are very competitive. I have been extremely happy with the over all care. I have no family in the area and a traveling spouse and I have felt very comfortable leaving my child in there care. At the present time my four month old has been in attendance there just since August.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:47 PM

4,824 posts, read 13,550,072 times
I will tell you that if love is important, you may find others that equal it, but none better than Kids Haven in LaGrange. My former ladyfriend is the owner and I know the genuine love there. It is a highly rated center with a true pre-school approach. Parents whose children attended there from birth always give it great reviews.

There have been parents who would drive from Crestwood to LaGrange and then back to Louisville to work because of Sandy's genuiness.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:16 PM

6,749 posts, read 20,932,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I will tell you that if love is important, you may find others that equal it, but none better than Kids Haven in LaGrange. My former ladyfriend is the owner and I know the genuine love there. It is a highly rated center with a true pre-school approach. Parents whose children attended there from birth always give it great reviews.

There have been parents who would drive from Crestwood to LaGrange and then back to Louisville to work because of Sandy's genuiness.
Tom my kids don't use childcare anymore but I must say if only all childcare centers were like that it would be wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area