Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:48 AM

16 posts, read 36,890 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone!

I've been reading and enjoying the posts on KY. My husband and I are planning on visiting the Lexington area, actually counties near it, in the next few days. We're going to take a look at Smithfield and Oldham County. Anchorage sounds gorgeous but a bit pricey. I have found the sticky for newcomers to be very helpful.

My husband is a Journeyman Electrician and has been checking on employment opportunities.

So just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 07:17 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,076,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatchin View Post
Hello Everyone!

I've been reading and enjoying the posts on KY. My husband and I are planning on visiting the Lexington area, actually counties near it, in the next few days. We're going to take a look at Smithfield and Oldham County. Anchorage sounds gorgeous but a bit pricey. I have found the sticky for newcomers to be very helpful.

My husband is a Journeyman Electrician and has been checking on employment opportunities.

My husband is also a journeyman electritian and works for a company called Gaylor based in Indiana but I don't know if they are hiring. Here's a link:Gaylor

Good luck on your search!

Old 04-27-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
My husband is also a journeyman electritian and works for a company called Gaylor based in Indiana but I don't know if they are hiring. Here's a link:Gaylor

Good luck on your search!

Thanks so much, I'll check it out.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:54 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,309,675 times
FYI, while Smithfield actually is a burg in Henry County, many Oldham County homes have a 40068 zip code. You'll also find large areas along KY 153 and KY 146 near I-71 exit 28 to be Smithfield addresses. Don't rule out Pendleton (40055) and Sulphur 40070 which are also common to the I-71 area. A wee bit further up the road will be Campbellsburg 40011 (exit 34).

Old 04-27-2009, 01:55 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,737,144 times
Quote:
Hello Everyone!

Did you mean to say the Louisville area? You are looking at suburbs and exurbs of Louisville, not Lex.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
Did you mean to say the Louisville area? You are looking at suburbs and exurbs of Louisville, not Lex.

You are right I did mean to say Louisville. Thank you. I hope this doesn't appear to be some dumb questions, but can you tell me if the heat and humidity there in the summers is unbearable as a friend tells us who moved there and that the winters have ice storms? I know this past winter I saw where KY got some rough weather.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
FYI, while Smithfield actually is a burg in Henry County, many Oldham County homes have a 40068 zip code. You'll also find large areas along KY 153 and KY 146 near I-71 exit 28 to be Smithfield addresses. Don't rule out Pendleton (40055) and Sulphur 40070 which are also common to the I-71 area. A wee bit further up the road will be Campbellsburg 40011 (exit 34).
Thanks for the info. I will check them out.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:56 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,076,512 times
Quote:
Thanks so much, I'll check it out.
You're welcome

Old 04-28-2009, 01:51 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,737,144 times
Quote:
You are right I did mean to say Louisville. Thank you. I hope this doesn't appear to be some dumb questions, but can you tell me if the heat and humidity there in the summers is unbearable as a friend tells us who moved there and that the winters have ice storms? I know this past winter I saw where KY got some rough weather.
There was a large ice storm last year. Those are rare events. I think the last one was around 20 years ago. Heat and humidity is not too bad. June-August does get a little sticky, but the rest of the time the weather is seasonal and very pleasant, with 4 seasons and mild winters (compared to Chicago)

Old 04-28-2009, 04:45 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,309,675 times
The two major weather events of the past year, Hurricane Ike and the Ice Storm were 100 year storms each, but to both happen in the same six months would likely be a 500 year occurrence. Both of those events were massive. Ice storms are very normally very regional, maybe more to the order of one or two counties rather than the massive statewide storm of 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area