Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:07 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,252 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any pictures of the construction of the area FROM the Indiana side? I've seen pictures of it and took my own pictures when I was down there of the front of it, but never got a chance to see it from it's other side, facing the water and Southern Indiana.

Just thought I'd ask. Interested to see how it's looking from the other side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 11:25 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
^ I don't right now, but when the weather warms up I go to L'ville several times a year to go bike riding. I will probably take some arena pics from the Clark Bridge

For the NBA stuff... I think Memphis' problems with poor NBA attendance because of a popular college team playing in the same arena will make anyone think hard about L'ville, since it is the same situation there. Other similarly sized cities (New Orleans, Sacramento, & now OK City) have a PRO sports identity and can support an NBA team since no one feels like their favorite college team is getting screwed by playing second fiddle.

Right now the NBA needs teams in Seattle, KC or St Louis, and Las Vegas. This region already has 4 teams within 4 hours of Louisville.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
^ I don't right now, but when the weather warms up I go to L'ville several times a year to go bike riding. I will probably take some arena pics from the Clark Bridge

For the NBA stuff... I think Memphis' problems with poor NBA attendance because of a popular college team playing in the same arena will make anyone think hard about L'ville, since it is the same situation there. Other similarly sized cities (New Orleans, Sacramento, & now OK City) have a PRO sports identity and can support an NBA team since no one feels like their favorite college team is getting screwed by playing second fiddle.

Right now the NBA needs teams in Seattle, KC or St Louis, and Las Vegas. This region already has 4 teams within 4 hours of Louisville.
Ah yes, please do. That'd be great!

Does anyone know who the Arena will be named after? I'm assuming some big corporation in Louisville. Any news come out about this in the Louisville area?
I kind of wish it would just be named Louisville Waterfront Arena. I like when places aren't named after big corporations lol.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:49 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,743,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Ah yes, please do. That'd be great!

Does anyone know who the Arena will be named after? I'm assuming some big corporation in Louisville. Any news come out about this in the Louisville area?
I kind of wish it would just be named Louisville Waterfront Arena. I like when places aren't named after big corporations lol.
It will be called the Louisville Arena until some company coughs up 40 million for naming rights. That may take a year or even 2 years to come to fruition.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:12 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
Here are some pics I took yesterday of Red Mecca

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs518.snc3/27198_651594362894_38316642_36859678_3318361_n.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 PM

censusdata, thank you SO much for the photos! It's so cool to see the view of what the arena looks like from across the river. I didn't know it was already almost complete on that side. Very cool.

I can't decide though if I like the placement on the skyline. I don't know if I feel it looks like an eyesore and out of place or what. Maybe I'll change my opinion when it's complete.

Regardless, it's going to be a very nice looking arena I think. Should be good for downtown. I hope to make it down for a game later this Fall/Winter, unless I'm living in Lousiville by then

Thanks again for the pictures!! I appreciate it.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:41 PM

Ugh, the offical name of the arena is the KFC Yum! Center

I'm kind of disappointed in that. But, money rules everything. I could of been happier with just "Yum Center". With the KFC in it, it makes it look like you're saying "This KFC is Yummy...Center"

Ugh...and look how tacky this looks. Official rendering from website: http://www.arenaauthority.com/images...riorAerial.jpg

Old 04-20-2010, 08:01 PM

666 posts, read 2,537,490 times
I agree, I think they could have gone with a better name, either just KFC Center or Yum! Center. I think most people will call it one of those names anyway, kind of like with PJCS, most people just call it Papa John's or Cardinal Stadium.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:20 PM

150 posts, read 91,415 times
It could definitely do without the taco bell, pizza hut, and KFC logos on it

Old 07-28-2010, 11:28 PM

Anyone have any updated pictures of the arena?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area