Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 04:13 PM

7 posts, read 14,130 times

Advertisements

Where can I find the average snowfall in inches for the Louisville area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 08:43 AM

379 posts, read 848,883 times
Default Noaa

Snowfall - Average Total In Inches

Old 12-07-2009, 01:56 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,090 times
Wow, Louisville only gets around 16.4 inches, that's awesome! Where I live, we get about 47-48 inches....and that's another reason why I kind of want to move to Louisville. You seem to get 4 seasons in Louisville, but aren't hammered with the snow to make Winter miserable. At least 16.4 inches of snow wouldn't make me miserable being that I'm from the North lol.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:07 PM

67 posts, read 213,791 times
COme and enjoy it. It was 55 and sunny today. i just moved here from michigan. A small piece of heaven, less snow.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:17 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beadster View Post
COme and enjoy it. It was 55 and sunny today. i just moved here from michigan. A small piece of heaven, less snow.
Hey beadster, being that you're from Michigan, which gets essentially the same weather as Ohio, how has Winter treated you thus far in Louisville? I like asking people this when I know they moved there from an area with heavy snow like my current location. Does this Winter seem to be a breeze compared to the Winters you're (we're) used to? One of the reasons I'm looking into moving to Louisville is because of the (I assume, better) weather, so I like to ask around to make sure there is indeed better weather lol.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:36 PM

666 posts, read 2,536,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Hey beadster, being that you're from Michigan, which gets essentially the same weather as Ohio, how has Winter treated you thus far in Louisville? I like asking people this when I know they moved there from an area with heavy snow like my current location. Does this Winter seem to be a breeze compared to the Winters you're (we're) used to? One of the reasons I'm looking into moving to Louisville is because of the (I assume, better) weather, so I like to ask around to make sure there is indeed better weather lol.
I haven't lived in Ohio for quite a few years, but I lived in Geauga County, which is in the snowbelt. Up there snow will be on the ground for days or even weeks, here the snow will usually melt within a couple days. Usually when you all are getting snow, we are getting rain. It rains way more than it snows here. It is less cloudy here, compared to Ohio, especially when you get up around Lake Erie. I remember it being gray all the time there, and whenever we go up to visit during the winter, my whole family comments on how it always seems to get cloudy once we're north of Columbus.

The temps here are generally 10-15 degrees warmer than around the Cleveland area, and that is year round. It does get cold here but rarely below the single digits. It is not uncommon to see a day in the 50s or 60s in December or January, as we just saw a high of 63 today. The difference between winter in NE Ohio and the Louisville/Lexington area of Kentucky was perfect for me because I like to see snow, but not every day. I like the cold, but not frigid cold for 3-4 straight months. It is very mild here and I think you would enjoy it.

The only thing I don't like about the winter here is there aren't a lot of winter sports. I love to snow mobile, sled, cross county, and downhill ski, but most of those are not possible here, or can only be down a few times each winter. I have yet to meet a person who owns a snowmobile in KY lol. But if you do decide to move here, you will definitely enjoy the mild winters, and you might even enjoy our hot, muggy summers, although this past one wasn't too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: