U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 07:50 AM

3 posts, read 10,668 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am set to move to the Louisville area in the next 3-4 weeks from Atlanta, GA. I received a great job offer I couldn't turn down, and now the move begins. I am moving with my fiance and 3 tiny dogs (<12 lbs each), and we have been searching desperately for a house to rent close to downtown. Most apartment complexes only allow a limit of 2 dogs (regardless of size), so many of them have been checked off our list.

Here's my problem. Immediately following my last day at my current job, I will have approximately 6-7 days to go to Louisville and find a home. We've been doing our research on craigslist, rentalhouses.com, and the various local Louisville classifieds. We have found some we like, but the variety is pretty slim as we are trying to find a duplex/house east of I-65 (Highlands, Germantown, St. Matthews), about 1000 sq ft. in the $700-$900/month range.

I guess my question is, are there a lot of rental homes in Louisville not listed online? Any suggestions about how to handle relocating in such a short time period would be more than appreciated. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamousguest View Post
Hi,

I am set to move to the Louisville area in the next 3-4 weeks from Atlanta, GA. I received a great job offer I couldn't turn down, and now the move begins. I am moving with my fiance and 3 tiny dogs (<12 lbs each), and we have been searching desperately for a house to rent close to downtown. Most apartment complexes only allow a limit of 2 dogs (regardless of size), so many of them have been checked off our list.

Here's my problem. Immediately following my last day at my current job, I will have approximately 6-7 days to go to Louisville and find a home. We've been doing our research on craigslist, rentalhouses.com, and the various local Louisville classifieds. We have found some we like, but the variety is pretty slim as we are trying to find a duplex/house east of I-65 (Highlands, Germantown, St. Matthews), about 1000 sq ft. in the $700-$900/month range.

I guess my question is, are there a lot of rental homes in Louisville not listed online? Any suggestions about how to handle relocating in such a short time period would be more than appreciated. Thanks!
Go to the Courier-Journal (local newspaper) and search there. I'm a local Realtor and I can tell you there isn't a really good database of rentals anywhere. WWW.Courier-Journal.com classifieds is as good as anything you're going to find. The dogs are going to be an issue. As a landlord myself (sorry, I don't have anything vacant), most property owners are leary of that many pets. If you offer a higher damage deposit, you may put someone in a good mood and get a positive result.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,515 times
I'm also a realtor in Louisville, there are several websites that may help (some of these may have folded):
[URL="http://www.rentclicks.com/Kentucky/Louisville"]http://www.rentclicks.com/Kentucky/Louisville[/URL]
[URL]http://www.rentalhouses.com/find/KY/WesternKentucky/LOUISVILLE/[/URL]
[URL]http://louisville.oodle.com/housing/rent/home/]Louisville[/URL]
http://www.rentalinfocenter.com/results.asp?bycity=Louisville (broken link)
For more info about or to contact us head to [URL="http://www.weselllouisville.com"]www.weselllouisville.com[/URL]

Old 02-15-2010, 05:37 PM

31 posts, read 101,070 times
If you want to stay close to downtown AND keep your budget at that price point, you may have a hard time in most areas such as Highlands, etc.

I'd personally suggest you check out Southern Indiana. You can get some much cheaper there and have a quick commute to work - Just take the 2nd street bridge straight into downtown, bypassing the interstates completely!

Old 02-21-2010, 06:21 PM

3 posts, read 10,668 times
Getting ready to move up there this coming week. We ended up driving up last weekend, and finding a 3 br house in the Cherokee Triangle for under $1000/month. Thanks for everyone's help!

Old 02-21-2010, 11:50 PM

666 posts, read 2,379,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamousguest View Post
Getting ready to move up there this coming week. We ended up driving up last weekend, and finding a 3 br house in the Cherokee Triangle for under $1000/month. Thanks for everyone's help!
Glad you found somewhere. Cherokee Triangle is a great neighborhood and Cherokee Park is at your disposal, which you all and your dogs will enjoy. Welcome to Louisville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area