Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 03:07 PM

3 posts, read 16,230 times

Advertisements

I work in Cincinnati (and so did my boyfriend-til he quit his job). After a dry job search in Cincinnati, he has an interview in Louisville. Are there any good locations to live that are about half way between Cincinnati and Louisville? Favoring one or the other cities will also be an option, i.e. one of us would have to drive slightly further than the other. Any thoughts on La Grange or Langstaff KY? Others? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 12:59 AM

7,053 posts, read 16,628,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegP View Post
I work in Cincinnati (and so did my boyfriend-til he quit his job). After a dry job search in Cincinnati, he has an interview in Louisville. Are there any good locations to live that are about half way between Cincinnati and Louisville? Favoring one or the other cities will also be an option, i.e. one of us would have to drive slightly further than the other. Any thoughts on La Grange or Langstaff KY? Others? Thanks!
La Grange would be great but its more a suburb of Louisville. You need to give exact locations of work in Louisville and Cincy because each city is large enough that it could take 30 extra minutes depending on the side of town.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:23 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,257,020 times
STX is correct, while LaGrange is the ideal town to live in considering all the amenities such as groceries, fuel, recreation, restaurants, education, and community, you'll find some great homes all along I-71.

It all depends on your lifestyle. While there are no gourmet restaurants in Oldham County, there are some neat eateries such as pizza, ethnic (Chinese, Italian, Irish, Southern US, Cajun, etc), barbeque, and just plain good places for the routine, "let's go grab a bite of supper." You'll need to head to Louisville or Cincy for gourmet.

No doubt about Oldham County's standard of living. Great schools, libraries, youth sports, old downtowns, and staple shopping in a low crime area. The EMS, Fire and Police services are as good as they get. Just a wonderful community.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:14 AM

3 posts, read 16,230 times
I work in Downtown Cincinnati on 4th St...you can see Covington from my office.
He has an interview that is on West Main Street in Louisville.
La Grange would be great but the only downside is the drive for me would be an hour and 15 minutes...but that's probably better than living in the middle of "nowhere."

Old 02-19-2010, 10:34 AM

666 posts, read 2,524,679 times
Check out Carrollton, KY and the surrounding area. Its not a big town by any means but once you get out of the Louisville and Cincy metro, Carrollton is the biggest town besides LaGrange, and it is more of a halfway point. About 50 min. to Louisville, and 1 hour to Cincy. The do have a Walmart Supercenter AND a Dollar General!

Old 02-22-2010, 01:49 AM

93 posts, read 282,845 times
Yeah, Carrollton is about as close to being in the middle as you can get, I believe.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:48 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,466,335 times
Perhaps a bit more of a challenge because U.S. 50 is mostly two lane, but the Seymour, IN area might also be a possibility if small-town living is your thing...

Old 02-22-2010, 08:41 PM

87 posts, read 265,949 times
if you look at carrollton, you better like it rural. i work there. there isn't much going on...at all. it is a quaint little town, and the people are nice. but if you enjoy life near a larger city, think twice.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:26 PM

9 posts, read 37,539 times
Look at Madison, Indiana. It's a nice little town.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:35 PM

797 posts, read 2,326,182 times
Madison is a nice little town and I thought about suggesting that myself, but that's going to make the drive about 1 hour to downtown Louisville and 1 hour 20 minutes to downtown Cincy not counting any traffic problems or weather.

From La Grange, the commute to Cincy would be similar or maybe a little less, but the commute to Louisville would only be ~ 30 minutes. Again, barring any weather or traffic. But at least in La Grange it would be pretty much all interstate either way with a speed limit of 70.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area