U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 07:02 PM

79 posts, read 403,570 times

Advertisements

We are moving back to Louisville, the problem is my son will be a senior next year. He completed his freshman year in Louisville and has kept contact with some of his buddies. We'll be in Louisville for about 10 days where he'll reconnect with some of his buddies.

My husband would be in Louisville for a year by himself and I'd be here for a year with the kids. Should I not give my son a choice and just say, "time to move", or do I let him finish off the year? He did tell me today that he planned on going back to Louisville once he was done with school.

Once he finishes high school he'll move on anyway to college and won't be with his friends here....he is looking at UofL and colleges in Ohio.

Help....I hate where we are now. Kids are finishing school and I dread being here by myself next year.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?!?!?!?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 07:20 PM

49 posts, read 367,354 times
Hi Mama4Mia!

I would move! He plans on moving back to Louisville anyway! He has friends here as well!! It will give him a chance to make new friends too since he is considering staying in Louisville for college.

Did you ask what his thoughts were on moving back for his senior year?

I had a neighbor who had to move from SC to Wisconisn right before her dtr's senior year of HS. Her son was on a varsity soccer team as a sophomore and absolutely did not want to move. They never visited the state of WI. It turned out that her son and dtr. both LOVED their new school and new friends!! It all turned out well!!

Just my 2 cents,
Lori

Old 06-06-2007, 07:23 PM

7,031 posts, read 15,651,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama4mia View Post
We are moving back to Louisville, the problem is my son will be a senior next year. He completed his freshman year in Louisville and has kept contact with some of his buddies. We'll be in Louisville for about 10 days where he'll reconnect with some of his buddies.

My husband would be in Louisville for a year by himself and I'd be here for a year with the kids. Should I not give my son a choice and just say, "time to move", or do I let him finish off the year? He did tell me today that he planned on going back to Louisville once he was done with school.

Once he finishes high school he'll move on anyway to college and won't be with his friends here....he is looking at UofL and colleges in Ohio.

Help....I hate where we are now. Kids are finishing school and I dread being here by myself next year.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?!?!?!?

That is a tough decision. If he really wants to go to UofL, you should move back and get state residency, as it will be super cheap. You should just talk to your son about it, but if he wants to go to school away from where you live now, I don't know if it is a huge deal. Still, I would not have wanted to leave senior year of high school. That said, I did not live in another city freshman year. Maybe he really still talks to and gets along with his friends he made in Louisville...you will just have to ask how he feels and do what is best for the family. Personally I would not let that be the deciding factor if I was unhappy where I was living....

Old 06-06-2007, 07:37 PM

Lori, your supposed to be worrying about where to live! What are you doing online? LOL

Stx and Lori, every time we try to bring it up he just rolls his eyes as to say,"here we go again". I feel like I just can't give him a choice and hope that it all turns out well. I guess I'll get a better feel when we are there visiting...mean while I am going to contact his old school and get info.

Lori, go study your map...hehehehehe

Old 06-06-2007, 08:31 PM

49 posts, read 367,354 times
Quote:
Lori, your supposed to be worrying about where to live! What are you doing online? LOL

Stx and Lori, every time we try to bring it up he just rolls his eyes as to say,"here we go again". I feel like I just can't give him a choice and hope that it all turns out well. I guess I'll get a better feel when we are there visiting...mean while I am going to contact his old school and get info.

Lori, go study your map...hehehehehe
Hey there!

I retired my maps for tonite! I am relaxing with my glass of wine! I started to get a headache so I decided to relax and digest all the info I have been getting since Monday!!

Tomorrow will be another day with the realtor!

You will get a better feel once you guys revisit the area.....your son may be ready to move back once he reconnects with all his friends!!

Lori
ps. just wondering why you dislike DE?

Old 06-06-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorismith View Post
Hey there!

I retired my maps for tonite! I am relaxing with my glass of wine! I started to get a headache so I decided to relax and digest all the info I have been getting since Monday!!

Tomorrow will be another day with the realtor!

You will get a better feel once you guys revisit the area.....your son may be ready to move back once he reconnects with all his friends!!

Lori
ps. just wondering why you dislike DE?
Long story, I'll fill you in once we are both in Louisville sitting in Starbucks having a cup of coffee or maybe a glass of wine at one of our homes.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:08 AM

7,031 posts, read 15,651,030 times
Quote:
Long story, I'll fill you in once we are both in Louisville sitting in Starbucks having a cup of coffee or maybe a glass of wine at one of our homes.
No Starbucks.....try Heine Brothers or one of our great other local coffee shops (and there are many)! Heine, Sunergos, and Derby City Espresso are my favorite right now. There must be as many Starbucks in Louisville as gas stations.....

Old 06-07-2007, 04:59 AM

6,749 posts, read 21,225,455 times
Here in the South(or is it southwest?) end there's Sister Beans ( I think that is what it's called) near the old Champs :-)

Old 06-07-2007, 05:18 AM

Default I know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
No Starbucks.....try Heine Brothers or one of our great other local coffee shops (and there are many)! Heine, Sunergos, and Derby City Espresso are my favorite right now. There must be as many Starbucks in Louisville as gas stations.....
It's just that the Starbucks is closer to the schools (plural) my kids attend; after driving for awhile, dropping them off to the respective schools, I hit the closet coffee shop I can find!

Old 03-02-2010, 05:29 AM

1 posts, read 4,255 times
Hi mama4mia,

If you are still out there I would love to hear how this all worked out for your son's senior year. We just got an offer to move from Florida to California and my son is going into his senior year! What decision did you make?

Thank You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area